It was 62 degrees in Pittsburgh yesterday

KarenL2888

It was that warm in Toronto on Saturday. I took advantage and did a plug-n-wires tune up to the truck and then took it to the car wash, clay bar + quick wax. I love days like that.

It was nice to cruise around with the moonroof open, but on warm days like that in the middle of winter, the air tends to have a muddy smell. All good.

So my 91 got to come out of the garage and drive in the driveway. I feel like Rainman.

Dad lets me drive slow in the driiiiiiveway.

It was neg with wind chill in Chicago today.

-6*F this morning, +6*F was the high today in my neck of the woods in South Central Wisconsin.

The 94 Sedan was a trooper, but was not thrilled about it... but still FAR from the worst noises I've heard from a sub zero degree engine start.

Enough snowdrift has melted in the past couple of weeks that I could look longingly at the TGP again... that counts for something, right? :lol:

Whats weird is my Cavalier would have made all sorts of weird noises and started hard this morning. Yet my GP started like it wasn't even cold out, no noises and it cranked normally.

Northern utah we have a nasty Inversion atm crappy air quality and Is close to 0 most mornings. Ive had to daily drive my tgp the past few weeks. Have a pretty nasty Lifter tap for the first 30 sec's of running after that she's just fine, other then my 282 being real notchy until the trans warms through.

7 degrees when I left for work this morning. Outback kinda cranked like "Kill me kill me kill me kill me... oh, if you insist. But I'm gonna make horrible boxer engine noises for about 10 minutes".

At what temperature does oil freeze?

The coldest I've ever started a car was -33F. Real air temp, not wind chill. That was a carburated 2.5 Iron Duke.

I believe the pour point of 5w30 is -35F.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice mine has the red interior and a boot. St patricks day my wife snapped the passenger window shade mirror cover off. If anyone has a spare red passenger to spare.. let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Took her out of the garage today for the first time since 1-15-13. The check engine light is on. I will assume because she needs to idle more than 15 minutes in 3 mo. Reasonable assumption? Or get her to the mechanic? Thanks.

Check the codes and report back. to check it get a paper clip and put it in your datalink connector under the dash like so

http://digitaloutsider.org/paperclip.jpg

turn the key on and watch the SES lamp flash, it will flash once, then twice that indicates code 12. it will do it 2 times. code 12 is normal it shows the ecm is communicating proper. read the codes after that. and let us know what they are.

Thanks! WIll have to hunt up a paper clip and try it! Meantime, I took her out for gas and air in the tires and the light is out. For now.

Karen

Edited by KarenL2888

• 2 weeks later...

I wish my both my GPs did that well :lol:.

The Outback is the first car I've had go through inspection without needing a single thing.