Hoods!

95gtpFrausto

Hello all,

My name is Marco and I'm a new member to this great site. I was wondering if a Ram Air Hood/Intake could easily fit into my 95 Pontiac Grand Prix Special Edition? If so can someone direct to any sites/stores? I am really interested in doing this! Any particular models I should rip the hood off of and just stick it on mine with a few minor adjustments? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Man! That's what I thought! Have you done this before or seen it done? Any ball park guess about how much that would run?

I have seen them done and think they look like a$$. IMHO of course.

Think I'd seen that one - IIRC, they cut the ducts out of a trans-am hood and custom melded the two together. I've seen a few Lumina/Monte's around here with cowl induction hoods - looks like SHIT. The one Saar posted though looks great.

There is a company that makes fiberglass cowl hoods for these cars. I dont think they look all that good on them though. But then again I think anything than the stock hood doesnt look good on these cars IMHO.

I always thought something like this might look good on the right "W"..keeps the profile stock, while adding a little something extra.

post-4483-143689119747_thumb.jpg

Hell yeah that is bad ass! It's functional and all? If it is when do you feel that forced air or do you feel any difference at all?

Thanks! My hood is "functional" but it's not ram air. I was going to set up routing for the scoop after my swap, but with the L67 + intercooler, the setup would have actually never fit under the hood without having had this made years ago. There's just not room for setting up anything funcational for ram air easily. I'm going to have to craft some weird snaking routing to get air from the scoop to the throttle body. In this pic, you can see the center diamond of the hood cut out for the scoop. Currently, the top of the supercharger and boost bypass valve stick through the opening.

Cars1.jpg

I always thought something like this might look good on the right "W"..keeps the profile stock, while adding a little something extra.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11252[/ATTACH]

NACA ducts.... look good on ferraris too.

BrianG your ride is too dope! Ok guys you might hate me for this but I absolutley LOVE the ws6 trans am hood!!! I dont know if you guys seen a clip on youtube about this guy who is part of the Grand Prix Club in Michigan and theres this ride called the "Purpleliator" or something (sorry if I mispelled!) and that ride was too nasty for me to even watch! But thats my taste bud for this hood, BrianG has something I really like not only the hood but that damn supercharger! HA! How long did that take to put that in there?

Edited by 95gtpFrausto

it took him far too long :lol:

your best bet would be to use an existing steel cowl/scoup or fiberglass one and doing as brian did

ive heard of guys buying a wrecked 1st gen camaro steel hood just to cutout the cowl for his olds so look around...i sure wouldnt wanna drop 300+ on a whole new hood just for 1/4 of its sheetmetal

brians lucky as thats about the best damn fitment and look i think you could find...we thought about the w30 hood for the 442 but its just kills the lines of the car, even if we were to scale it down for the smaller car....so we are sticking with an SSIC for the front motor to clear with no issues

this next season the smurfmobile will get a lane with the 442 :dance:

They'd probably look better on a W-body Grand Prix, than they did on a two-ton LeMans...:lol:

NACA ducts.... look good on ferraris too.

BrianG your ride is too dope! Ok guys you might hate me for this but I absolutley LOVE the ws6 trans am hood!!! I dont know if you guys seen a clip on youtube about this guy who is part of the Grand Prix Club in Michigan and theres this ride called the "Purpleliator" or something (sorry if I mispelled!) and that ride was too nasty for me to even watch! But thats my taste bud for this hood, BrianG has something I really like not only the hood but that damn supercharger! HA! How long did that take to put that in there?

Thanks man! The L67 swap isn't hard. Got it done in a couple of months over the summer 4 years ago including shaving the engine bay, painting and cleaning it, creating the wiring harness, and all the little miscellaneous bits. LOTS of people have done it.

engine swap was easy...his trans is held in with velcro

i still want my orings....those nacho's were only the interest on em

Edited by Turbocharged400sbc

HAHA you're too funny! I see what you're saying about the whole little bit I could take off of the camaro! I was wondering too guys.... I was talking to a buddy of mine here at work and I was telling him that I'm interested in putting Mobil 1 in my gp and he was saying if I do that it might mess it up due to it being older? Is this true?

The WS6 hood panels can be bought on ebay.

They sell a "scoop" type version that can be fiberglassed into any hood.

they have a website,can't remember the name though.

Not sure if it is the same,but I have a TGP hood for sale that has the louvers in it.

They are functional for cooling,not ram-air.