'91-93 DOHC Engine Oil Cooler Hose?

crazyd

I'm 90% of the way there to installing the engine oil cooler on my '92 DOHC, but I am missing the hose that connects to the water pump junction. Can't seem to find one anywhere. Does anyone have a picture of it that I could try to match up a universal flex-hose for it?

GOODYEAR Part # 63122

or

GOODYEAR Part # 63906

Maybe one of those? I cant find much of a listing for them.... dumb question since your car is a 92' shouldn't it already have one factory?

Thanks for checking on those Chris. So since you asked, the story is this. Five years ago I retrofitted a 95 LQ1 that I rebuilt into this '92, and didn't transfer the oil cooler because I didn't think I needed it - and had my hands full with other problems anyway. I scrapped that original '92 motor long ago, but now that I've discovered how quickly this engine cooks its oil without it (and makes all the lifter racket when it does) I acquired all the parts to restore it, except that one hose.

that's the easy way though. :lol:

sometimes i like finding treasure out in the yards.

took a slightly more in-depth look, seems like there is a specific radiator for the oil-cooler versions as well, but otherwise, seems like the cooler adapter, and both cooling lines.

Thanks Chris. This was the only thing the parts store had and I think it will work with some trimming:

28471-1.jpg

GATES p/n 28471

Nice to know its GM p/n is 10131032. That may come in handy if I can't make this one work.

Edited by crazyd