'95 3.4 into '94 car

Reride

I recently purchased a '94 CS that has a '95 3.4 swapped into it by PO. My question is are all the electronics the same and is there any other issuess I should be aware of? I know the exhaust manifolds are different due to port designs. Any help would be great!

I should mention that the '94 Cutty was originally a 3.4.

Edited by Reride
Additional info.

WHAT? only difference that should exist between a 94 and 95 3.4 DOHC is that the 95 motor has a low oil level sensor, and the 94 does not. therefore you have no wire on a 94 harness to plug it in. That sensor is on the front side of the pan. the exhaust manifolds should be the same...

Perhaps the motor is'nt a '95 as I was told, but it has a different shape of exhaust port then my '94 3.4 does..and there is a threaded hole in it (manifold) for smog stuff I assume.

Edited by Reride
Fast mind..slow fingers

Perhaps the motor is'nt a '95 as I was told, but it has a different shape of exhaust port then my '94 3.4 does..and there is a threaded hole in it (manifold) for smog stuff I assume.

Sounds like its a 96/97 engine

Sounds like its a 96/97 engine

Agree. There should be an 8-digit part number stamped on the heads probably starting with a 2, but maybe a 1. What is it? Are the intake manifolds the same as as your 94-95?

If your car currently has an oil sensor in the oil pan, and the new one does not, youll need a jumper wire so the light on the dash doesnt stay on all the time.

Other than that, I know nothing more about these said DOHC motors :lol: