Bose amp Question

john99gtp

I have a question about the bose amp that came in some of our cars.

Does anyone know the power that it puts out, and whether it is 2 channel or 4 channel?

I heard something that it can only work with the bose head unit, is this correct?

Thanks in advanced.

John

Don't know the power output, I have e-mailed bose before and they didn't share much. Can't be much though if you look at the pos bose speakers.

It is 4 channel, rear outputs are the wires comeing straight off the amp. front speaker outputs are in the harness which also carries power for amp and signal from the headunit.

It can work with any headunit, so long as the preamp voltage is matched to the amp. for something like 50 bux crutchfield will sell you a voltage converter for this. (they tried to sell me one when i got my new headunit until i told them i wasn't useing the bose amp)

i have that amp, and i tried hooking up my aftermarket deck, and it started making strange oscillations. I said screw the converter. I just ran new wires to the speakers. problem solved!