TGP Michigan Pace car

Turbo v-sick

Not quite sure where I manged to find this one. It should de-bunk any speculation that the TGP was only used in the 89-90 Daytona races....

post-3417-143689113529_thumb.jpg

Edited by Turbo v-sick

I remember that one. I bought the seat covers and other various items from it (Date on seat covers is 2-89). At the same time some members questioned it's authenticity as a real pace car. I was told by Robert who got me the parts that the paint was dull except where the stickers had been removed and he could plainly read NASCAR on the rear quarters. Considering the picture I posted is from the 1989 Champion 400 at the Michigan international speedway and the parts car you posted was in Blue Island IL they could be the same car. No sunroof on either one as well. :(

Edited by Turbo v-sick

Decals appear to be different between the two pictures. So they either had two cars at that track or changed the decals on the same car. Picture above has cloth seats and completely rules it out for the car in the junk yard! :)