Hello World, from Uruguay

Nicutlass_Supremacy

Hi,

My name is Nicolas and I m from Montevideo, Uruguay. I have an Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 94 2Dr with a 3.4L V6 engine. I bought it 6 months ago and it is my little son since then. I work as a technician in optic fiber and I am studying engineering in telecomunications, but cars are what I really love. I ve never thought that I colud have a car like the cutlass in my life beacuse in Uruguay cars like this are very rare. But this is not my first car, I used to have a Chevrolet Impala 64 with a 283cc engine but since I was unemployed at that time, with all the pain in my heart, there was no other way but to sell it. But that s another story, now I am proud with this beast.

Well this is my car:

post-7625-143689109395_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Nicolas

post-7625-143689109348_thumb.jpg

post-7625-143689109367_thumb.jpg

post-7625-143689109384_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum! That's a great looking car you've got by the way! This is THE place to learn about these cars, and there's always someone willing to help you find the answers you need.

Yes the licence plate is too long, jajajajaja send me one of yours but with the same numbers!!! jajajaja

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!!! It´s a really nice car, and it´s unique here in Uruguay. Somebody from the U.S. Embassy brought it to Uruguay and sold it to the last owner. I track the car to somewhere in Las Vegas where the car was sold.

Nice camaro!!! About a month ago I travelled to US and I was impressed with the new camaro´s. I would probably buy one if I had the chance!!!

Here in Uruguay, plates are like the ones in Europe. I think it´s because almost every car sold here cames from european manufacturer´s (Fiat, Volkswagen, BMW, Mercedes, Citroen, Renault) There are also a lot of cars from japan and nowadays from china with unpronounceable names jajajaja.

Here in Uruguay, plates are like the ones in Europe. I think it´s because almost every car sold here cames from european manufacturer´s (Fiat, Volkswagen, BMW, Mercedes, Citroen, Renault) There are also a lot of cars from japan and nowadays from china with unpronounceable names jajajaja.

LOL!! I wish that there were more small european cars available here in the US, like Renault, Citroen, and Puegeot. We do have Fiat here now, although I think we only have the 500.

I was wondering how your car got the Uruguay, and that definitely makes sense. A good friend of mine bought a 2-Door 1992 Land Rover Discovery in November 2011. The special thing is that the Discovery was not available here in the US until 1994, and the 2-door was never available here. He found out that a Spanish Diplomat had brought it over, and sold it when he left. It's very likely the only one in the United States.

Do people stop and look at your car a lot?

Thanks!!! And I think that mine´s the only one here in Uruguay so everybody turn their heads while I´m passing jajajajaja.