new datalogger

Garrett Powered

somehow my asus 10" netbook shit out its motherboard right after I got a new hard drive for it. so I have ordered this:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3211418&tab=7&SRCCODE=WEBLET03ORDER&cm_mmc=Email-_-WebletMain-_-WEBLET03ORDER-_-Deals

to datalog my car with. sucks because it was only a couple years old and it was dropped one time. oh well, this is a dual core processor and 2 gig ram card is only going to be $30 I was told, so I guess it might run tunerpro a bit smoother. we will see.

i don't know much about the Atom processors, but my laptop runs a dual core 1.6GHz Pentium D and 2GB of RAM and with a normal 63 byte datastream, i average something like 10.67 samples/second.

My netbook has an Intel Atom N450, and it handles tunerpro very well.

I imagine the N570 would be even better.

Upgrading the ram to 2GB (as I see you intend on doing) is obviously a must.

I also upgraded my screen to a high def WXGA (1366X768) screen... best netbook upgrade you can do in my opinion. Obviously not terribly important for using tunerpro, but man oh man that dashboard looks nice in HD. :lol:

My netbook has an Intel Atom N450, and it handles tunerpro very well.

I imagine the N570 would be even better.

Upgrading the ram to 2GB (as I see you intend on doing) is obviously a must.

I also upgraded my screen to a high def WXGA (1366X768) screen... best netbook upgrade you can do in my opinion. Obviously not terribly important for using tunerpro, but man oh man that dashboard looks nice in HD. :lol:

so I can order that same screen and put it in?

Too bad there's no datalogger for Android that'll run on a cheap $70 China tablet.

Or is there?

not sure, I have only datalogged with windows xp laptops before. this will be my first time using windows 7.

so I can order that same screen and put it in?

If the Acer Aspire you ordered comes standard with a LED screen... then... maybe?

I know the Acer Aspire line can have HD screens... here is one, but the price is bonkers.

http://www.notebooksolutions.ca/zc/acer-original-lcd-10-1-wxga-sd-matte-led-auo-ac38320-10005.html

Here is the website I got my HD screen from...

https://www.laptopscreen.com/

When I get home I'll see if I can find the exact model number screen I got...

When I get home I'll see if I can find the exact model number screen I got...

Here is the exact screen I got, I chose the Matte version:

http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/screen-part-number/LP101WH1%28TL%29%28A2%29/

Edit: I cannot find anything that indicates it WONT work in your Acer Aspire... so it may be worth a shot.

Edited by Penglii

UPDATE: we were chilling after work and the new netbook is not even here yet, but I guess she just slapped the bottom of the broken one and it just booted right up after that! I even took it back to the tech and he tried a few things to diagnose it, different RAM and a few other things, but it just needed hit.

oh well, now I have my own, and she has hers. and this new one is going to not bog down as much on tunerpro 5. plus it was cheap. win win?

wow this is NICE! just got it and put in the 2 gig ram stick. it has a higher res screen than the other one I had so the dark dash looks better. a real pleasure to use so far in a lot of ways!

gets better long range wifi signal that reaches to my office. that alone was worth it!:dance:

windows 7 just flat out runs tunerpro rt v.5 better. the monitors run much better viewing xdl files. 6 or 7 bits at a time, smooth as silk. this netbook is better in every way than that asus eee pc with 1 GB ram. I also bought a six cell battery for it, to replace the 3 cell. then if its not good enough, they got 9 cell ones but those are bulky.

refurbished 10.1 LED screen netbook: $220.

got my cable from Saar: 40

hardware and netbook mount for car: 50

battery: 25

2 GB DDR3 : 12

$347! -Probably what you should budget for if you are planning this presently. unless you can do it cheaper.

Not bad at all for fully up-to-speed datalogging system on TP5! a fully bad ass quick release carputer mount and everything. I didn't even have to try that hard to find a good deal, tiger direct just has the back to school deals as my buddy Dave pointed out to me, just get dual core something and buy somewhere else a cheap 2 GB ram upgrade.

I just checked and my wideband just started behaving better now so I will have to take the black car for some drives in the next few days and hopefully get some good WOT pulls for some good data to review. I had to free-air calibrate it after the wires touched the exhaust and I wasn't sure if I was going to need to replace some wideband parts but looks believable now, the last two times I checked it was screwed up.

I wouldn't have this without your help, so Special Thanks: Dave, Robert, and Penglii , this is the ultimate set-up for the money. now back to the tuning and refining of this chip... and 36 lb injectors/tune the red TGP I guess. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...