I need some help after an D.I.S. Installation?

Guest k6tc

Went in with no worries works very well BUT? what goes on the right side of this new toy?

I doesn't fill the complete hole under the ash tray, where that small compartment was in front of the gear shift lever. can someone tell me what go's there in an original install? and perhaps someone has whatever it is that go's in there extra that they would like to sell?

Thanks, K6TC

i believe its the controls for the HUD that goes beside the DIC under the ashtray

thats what i have seen i pictures any way

I have both DIC and HUD but i have to install them yet

im not sure how they go in that little area under the ashtray??

anyone know how they fit/bolt in???

Dave

***well as you just saw I can't help you on the right side controlsa but you have given me a place to look in my shop manual...the compartment comes right out with the removal of 5 cap screws, you have to take the right side of the trim covering the climate control and thevent off which entails taking loose the bezel surrounding the dash display...really not near as tough as I'm making it sound once thats off turn it over and take the box off and screw your DIS on the left side and your "HUD" controls on the right side...now I know what that extra plug is for...thanks Dave

K6TC

here is the picture Shawn posted of his DIC and HUD in that location

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3260&highlight=dicthat

does yours look like that?\

***that is exactly what it looks like withou the controls on the right side. My wife cut a piece of leather in the correct color and with a very heavy cardboard backing it fit's that extra area perfectly...well, until I think of something I would like to have there say like a Temp. gauge for the transmission, the standard S/W gauge would fit in there perfectly...hmmmmmmmm well another day. Dave your great fella where did you get that photo???

talk about coming to an old man rescue..thanks again I owe ya one

Tom, K6TC***

Dave