STE Speakers?

pontiac735

Just looking for the factory sizes...I did a search on it and I got back different sizes....4x6....4".....5.25...I know the back has the 6x9's,90 STE,looking for the dash and the doors sizes,Thanks

I don't have a STE, but I'm sure my system is similar since it was the best you could get from the factory. It has 4x6s in the doors, 4x6s on the top of the dash, and 2-way 6x9s behind the back seats.

That's because STEs received a different speaker configuration. They have the typical 6x9s in the rear deck, tweeters in the back doors, tweeters in the front doors just above what I believe are 5 1/2" speakers in each front door (I will measure this tomorrow to make sure), and the dash ones were left empty. I'll pop the speaker covers off the dash pad tomorrow and check, but I very highly doubt the wiring is there for the 4x6s.

I'll pop the speaker covers off the dash pad tomorrow and check, but I very highly doubt the wiring is there for the 4x6s.

Dont bother there isnt any wires for it...

what my plan is...

Audiobahn 6x9's in the rear because they are component style

audiobahn 5.25s in the front doors

Run those off an amp

Then put a set of 4x6's in the dash

and change the rear deck lid grills and make a mount for the GP or GA covers that have the 5" and 6x9 cover and put a 5.25 set in the rear

and run them off the deck

I just hauled the speakers out of my doors and they were 6 1/2",I wonder why they are different from what everybody thought they were(5 1/4,4 x 6)

Well 4x6 is out of the question in the STEs. They have them neither in the dash, nor the doors themselves (obviously, they're round!). But as TeeJay said, the 2 doors apparently got 4x6s in the doors, so maybe they have all the GPs clumped together in their applications data. As for 6 1/2, that's bigger than I thought they'd be. Good! :D