rear bench to bucket seats

iroc2

im looking to go from a rear bench to rear buckets. just wondering if theres anything special that i would need to do it. i feel like theres some minor modifications that i would have to do.

i guess i really jsut need to track down rear gray/black leather buckts and go from there

Edited by iroc2

You will also need the pass through piece that sits behind the buckets. Just make sure you get all of the bolts and other clips you might need to put it on. Those may or may not come in handy.

A cutlass supreme convertible with the 3.4l will have rear buckets. 89-93 Grand prix had rear buckets as well.

I converted my Cutlass from a 4 seater to a 5 so I could have the whole family in there. So I have nice condition rear buckets and the console in charcoal leather if you want to make me an offer.

I also had to buy new seat belt connections that go in the middle so that I would have a lap belt for the person in the middle. In your case I guess you could just cut the lap belt and the latch for the lap belt off.

My main concern would be the bolt holes for the center console. IIRC they were in small pieces of metal that were welded onto the floor. I"m not sure if those pieces would have been welded into a car that was going to have a bench seat.

You will also need the pass through piece that sits behind the buckets. Just make sure you get all of the bolts and other clips you might need to put it on. Those may or may not come in handy.

A cutlass supreme convertible with the 3.4l will have rear buckets. 89-93 Grand prix had rear buckets as well.

Don't forget Cutlass International.

I pulled my seat out to see if it has the welded tabs, it didn't. So I figured I would end up drilling some screws in to hold the center console. I also swapped out the seat belts, so they would work with buckets.

be VERY damn careful drilling in the area for mounting the rear center console, the fuel tank is right there.

i need to do it myself, but i would think if you can get far enough under it and just drill a pair of holes and use some large and short bolts/nuts and probably washers and do it that way.

BG35765, What did you do with your storage compartment assembly that was betweeen the rear buckets and led into the trunk? I've been trying to find one, ours is missing some stuff that keeps it all together.

If you still have it, would you e willing to seperate it from the rest of the package? You might want to keep it all together and I would completely understand that.

post-5754-143689096698_thumb.jpg

BG35765, What did you do with your storage compartment assembly that was betweeen the rear buckets and led into the trunk? I've been trying to find one, ours is missing some stuff that keeps it all together.

If you still have it, would you e willing to seperate it from the rest of the package? You might want to keep it all together and I would completely understand that.

I just left it behind the seat. I think I'm going to keep it though as I might convert it back to a 4 seater when I sell it.

But you can't USE the back of your car with buckets? Btw, actually pretty spacious back there if you push the seats all the way forward ;)

....unless the driver is like.... 8 feet tall.... ya theres a lot of room. but theres now way i can drive with my knees pressed through the dash. pass seat stays all the way back so it doesnt turn into a visual obstacle esp with someone sitting in it if it was forward for rear seat legroom

....unless the driver is like.... 8 feet tall.... ya theres a lot of room. but theres now way i can drive with my knees pressed through the dash. pass seat stays all the way back so it doesnt turn into a visual obstacle esp with someone sitting in it if it was forward for rear seat legroom

02-hand.jpg

Face + palm

ya idk ive kinda abandonded the thought...

i think ill just go no backseat for racekar status. tints first though. otherwise thats too rice

I still have the door but the guts for mounting it are gone, or whatever keeps it shut. Maybe I'll just use magnets or velcro! I just want it to stay in and I never use it. It always blows out when ever I'm on the freeway,