Transmission Cooler

skitchin

Cooler hangs freely at the top - it's firm how it is though, the 4 screws in the bottom stabilize it pretty well.

1. Bolting it from the bottom is the least-stable way to do it. High stress on those bolts and on the bottom of the cooler. A couple of the special zip-ties through the radiator high on the cooler would be an improvement.

2. Routing the hoses UNDER the radiator support like that is an invitation to disaster when you nose-up to a concrete parking block or a curb. That's GOT to change.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skitchin

• AWeb80

• RobertISaar

• rich17

1. Bolting it from the bottom is the least-stable way to do it. High stress on those bolts and on the bottom of the cooler. A couple of the special zip-ties through the radiator high on the cooler would be an improvement.

2. Routing the hoses UNDER the radiator support like that is an invitation to disaster when you nose-up to a concrete parking block or a curb. That's GOT to change.

1. I don't see how this is any less stable than the couple pieces of flimsy ass aluminum they send you holding it floating in place(or radiator ties for that matter).

2. I back in everywhere, and the front bumper hangs way lower than the radiator support. To hit the radiator support, I'd probably leave my front bumper on the curb.

I know you want me to be wrong, but it's held very firmly as is.

Eh I agree that it should be bolted to the top and bottom. Look at my build thread. Very easy to install like I did. Also for a cleaner look you could bend up some 3/8ths tubing and route it under the cowl or even around the radiator on the drivers side.

Update on my cooler... Went to Gingerman Raceway in MI, which is a 1.9 mile road course, and ran the whole thing in 2nd gear. Trans temps gradually climbed and went all the way to 275 degrees.....