ricklovin93

Next Car?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Next Car?

• 1st gen Buick Regal (coupe)
    • Another Cutlass (coupe)
    • Lumina Z34
    • Pontiac TGP/GTP (1st gen)

Well after a underbody inspection, the trailing arm mounts on the olds seem to be in worst shape than i thought, so i am brainstorming ideas for a future car of course though it WILL be a W. I'll try to figure out how to create a poll.

i'm torn between a CS (maybe an international) and a well optioned GP...

anyways, yeah, i know all about the trailing arm mount issues.... both the 90GP and 95MC have dropped both sides at one point in time. good welding skills and measuring before and during the process can do some decent work that will last for a good 2 years.

i'm torn between a CS (maybe an international) and a well optioned GP...

anyways, yeah, i know all about the trailing arm mount issues.... both the 90GP and 95MC have dropped both sides at one point in time. good welding skills and measuring before and during the process can do some decent work that will last for a good 2 years.

I hear ya, but she has treated me good and though i love it im not willing to put THAT much work back into her.

Theres another car that i fell in love with ever since i saw it in the junkyard, i beleive it was either a 88 or 89 lesabre t-type, anybody ever owned one before

If I were to be crazy enough to add another W-body to my collection, it'd definitely have to be a black Regal GS coupe with the UB3 cluster. They were a lot less common than any of the other W cars in their day, and I never see them around at all any more.

The 3800 Series 1 is by far the easiest motor to work on out of all of these, and arguably the most reliable. No timing belt, no common LIM gasket failure (mine was fine even at 190k), and plenty of torque.

Do the regals have the same trailing arm mount problem?

All first gens have that problem. Go down south and get a rust free one. That's the best advice I can tell you.

Or find one that has been taken care of and has lower miles so it doesn't have any rust there.

:facepalm:

If the car is in good running shape as you should want it, why would you want to avoid emissions?

Edited by Night Fury

:facepalm:

If the car is in good running shape as you should want it, why would you want to avoid emissions?

That's is true but then I wouldn't have to worry about failing an inspection for a check engine light due to some minor tuning changes or whatever, I always keep my cars in very good operating condition

^

I know that you would have to have the car shipped and it is a newer car than a 96 but here is a fully loaded 97 cutlass supreme coupe; It is a very nice a clean looking car!!! But I have no idea what the undercarriage looks like being higher mileage. http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars_for_sale/1997_Oldsmobile_Cutlass+Supreme_149735395_13