TGP Tune up

1blkgtp422

Run AC Delco plugs and wires. The plugs are R42LTS and should be gapped at .040. If you're running more boost than stock, bring the gap to .030 so the spark doesn't get blown out during boost.

Thanks Delco it is. Also looks like the stock crossover pipe is on this car as well. From what I have been reading that could be my running rich problem. Plugs are dark as hell. The car falls on its face when WOT. My parts car has a fixed crossover so now I get to take 2 crossovers off:mad:. I hope new plugs wires fuel filter and new crossover helps:D Car has Bosch plugs with carquest wires on it right now with a stock tune.

Any tips? I am assuming I take Thermostat housing and IC piping out as well as TB? Then spray with PB Blaster and let sit for a day lol. The TGP I am driving is from Texas so there is no rust anywhere but the parts car is from the North East:mad:

Had to take the Thermostat housing off, the TB off, unbolt the turbo from the x-over and the downpipe and pull it out of the way. Tie it in place with some zip ties or something. The bolts might be tough to start, but once they are loose they are not hard to remove. The rear bolts are by far the hardest to reach. Extensions are your friend. I think I found putting the xover back in to be harder but I cannot remember exactly why.

Now that I am thinking about it I remember using a hacksaw to cut off part of the seam on the OEM x-over heat shield. Cannot remember exactly why, but I think it was to provide enough clearance to get my socket in there. With some crafty manovering you probably dont have to do that. LOL