Diagnosing non working fuel gauge

AL

After ordering the cluster, the company called me and asked me why I wanted to buy one, I told him about everything I checked and he said he agrees the cluster could be bad, then he explained that in the past 3.5 years, he has worked on 6 regal clusters per day and has yet to see a bad fuel gauge... he said he could check mine for me for 60 bucks shipped back to me, I have to pay to ship it to him obviously... I told him I would do it, but first I think I need to check the reading at the pcm from the sending unit... I only checked the sending unit and proved it good, and proved the wire to be connected by continuity... but didn't check the reading from the sensor at the pcm... if that wire that broke grounded out, its possible that it damaged the pcm

I talked to that company on the phone today too. Apparently they will not sell me one unless I have a good core to send back, so they cancelled the auction. I had the odometer affidavit filled out/faxed and everything. Damn.

fixed it. contacts in the plug were not making good contact. he needs to pick up a new pigtail from the junkyard, and i will solder it all together. for the meantime, i bent the pins in a fashion that they will make contact.

It looks like I bent the pins while testing the wire before I fixed the broken wire... Then when everything went back together, I lost contact at the sending unit... I dont think both problems were present at the same time... I cant believe it took Chris 5 minutes to fix it after we had gone over everything we checked previously