Power Steering Pump removal

GP1138

I'm currently in the middle of a Power Steering pump removal and replacement. I managed to get the stupid thing out of the small mounting bracket on the 2.8, without removing the alt bracket, and getting PS fluid all over my hands in the process (didn't drain the lines or reservoir). I hammered a socket onto the rounded off bolt and it came off with minimal effort. Now I'm trying to get the metal line that goes up into the pump itself off. It's now dark outside (as Lewis Black would say, "FUCK FALL!") and my PS pump is resting on the belt tensioner or something. I was pissed because I couldn't get the damn line off, someone fucking He-Manned it in there, because it's not going anywhere right now.

I'm hoping there's not much to bleeding the damn system, and that my whine goes away. I'm sick of hearing a high pitched whine duetting with my engine's sound. I'll update, I'm really just posting because I'm bored. I wish I had a frigging garage, I'd be out there right now.

My 2.8 wines like a bitch too. I heard to bleed the system all you have to do is leave the fill cap off and turn the tires back and forth and have someone top up the fluid as nessesary.........I did this with slick 50 power steering formula and my wine went away for a month or so but it's back now....sorry I cant help with the hose.

Oh don't worry about it. Well, actually, worry about your pump. Mine whined and whined, kind of like it was singing with my engine. Eventually it began spitting fluid. I have spots on the front fascia of my car now from the PS fluid it spat everywhere. It was a bitch to change, but completely worth it. I can hear my engine, in all it's 2.8 Litre glory, now!

The best part is that when I was doing it, I pulled out the ECM and found two wires that were corroded, I rewired them and now the car seems to be working a little bit better. I also found a red wire coupled with that corroded wire, that was going into the horn relay!! All I know about that is that my car wouldn't start again until I redid the wire into the relay. Stupid, stupid people who put this engine in.

My dad gave me some more paperwork on the car, and it's had a 2.8L engine put in it, $600 engine. Don't ask me from where. I'll post more information.

Where is the ECM on 2.8? I don't know.

On the passenger wheel well, take off the black plastic covering thing (or the coolant resorvoir, depending on year), and its right under there is a black box