Windshield Cost

PJB

Whats an average cost for a new windshield installed on a '97 Cutlass Supreme?

I put the one from my parts car in mine but it cracked in one corner. Its a complete crack and people told me it wont spread but Id still like to eventually get a new one.

If the cost isnt too bad Ill buy one but otherwise Im gonna put a sticker in that corner until after I put insurance on the car and then claim it on my comprehensive coverage and get it replaced for free.

Damn, I dont want to pay that much. I guess Ill go with the sticker idea.

Ive already had 3 windshields broken. One was the original which broke in the rollover, another was from a 2 door parts car and it cracked while taking it out (dont know why) and this one is from my '96 parts car and it had a chunk missing when we put it in and it cracked the next day. I cant afford a new one now so we put it in.

If a 89 cutty a fit ill give ya one if you come take it out and get it. :D

Its a bit of a drive though, especially without a dependable vehicle (Cutlass isnt on the road). Thanks anyway.

I did work for a glass company (Safelite) here in Buffalo for 2 1/2 yrs. If its handled under a insurance job then it usually cost 250-350! Honestly the windshield itself is around 50-85 new. Then the labor will add another 100. Swaping the glass should take about an hour. Insurance just boost the price up 200%. :x

Now if your planning on getting one from the j/y then make sure you look it over carefully. Stress cracks and oyster defects on the edge of the glass only expand over time...especially when you use your defroster.

I wish you lived near Buffalo, because I could get you a good deal with a professional installation.

The quote I got was $150 installed for brand new glass into the Cutty.

The quote came from the place that installed the heated backglass into my Silverado.

Is that a national chain or a local place? That seems really cheap.

Might be just a local place, their name is Harmon Glass.

I called a GM dealer and that was who they referred me to.

Shit, theyre the ones that did my '93 S10. My insurance company dealt with them.

Harmon Glass is here in NY! They are a good company...they also go mobil so you can get your window fixed when your at work.

Thats a good price....like I said your will pay about $100 just for the labor and products they use(Molding, primer, urethane, shit like that).