Fun in the garage this past weekend!

BRZN

+1 to Black > Painted to match

Really like the two tone look - I'd say if anything, paint them black and glossy:thumbsup:

It really does mean a lot more when you're the one detailing your car - that paint becomes your own skin, and you care for it as such.

nice, excellent updates. I agree about the tips, they usually shine up nicely

My dad thought I was insane when i started modding my first car (although he warmed up to it). But it's great to see that you guys are doing this together.

edit - I'm assuming that's your GTO on the calendar right? have you posted pics of that yet?

I still need to get an orbital waxer done before the winter rolls around. I will probably clay bar the car and wax it.

BRZN, what brand clay bar do you use?

Clay right now in the US is all made by one company that holds the only patent: Automagic, better known on the store shelves as Clay Magic. I think it's supposed to expire at the end of this year. So; Clay Magic, Mothers, 3M, Adam's, etc are all the same. The only difference is color or grade. I have used a consumer grade Yellow Ricarro bar out of Canada but mostly use Adam's which is a consumer grade clay (due to their great customer service) and 3M for my Medium Grade clay I got from the local PBE (Paint Body Equipment) store. Grades above consumer are a bit aggressive and can scratch and shouldn't be used unless trying to remove a specific contaminate on the finish like tree sap or paint overspray.

I think it would pop more if they got sprayed with clear coat.. Make them shine like the rest of the car does.. :thumbsup:

These louvers are plain looking black ABS plastic with no gloss at all. They may look good sprayed gloss black and cleared. Good idea.

+1 to Black > Painted to match

Really like the two tone look - I'd say if anything, paint them black and glossy:thumbsup:

It really does mean a lot more when you're the one detailing your car - that paint becomes your own skin, and you care for it as such.

Agreed!

nice, excellent updates. I agree about the tips, they usually shine up nicely

My dad thought I was insane when i started modding my first car (although he warmed up to it). But it's great to see that you guys are doing this together.

edit - I'm assuming that's your GTO on the calendar right? have you posted pics of that yet?

Heck yea! Post #26 http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/52930-94-Bright-Aqua-Metallic-GP-SE

Edited by BRZN

I think I'm in love (I'm talking about the car...not going there)

I do think the louvers would look better body color or at least gloss black. Krylon fusion works great for that kind of thing.

Denver, PA...that's cool...I live in Denver, CO but am from PA :D