Fun in the garage this past weekend!

BRZN

On Saturday she got Washed, Clayed, and a nice coat of Machine Super Wax applied with my Porter Cable 7424XP.

Michelle actually Clayed the glass and all the side panels:

IMG_4083resize.jpg

IMG_4086resize.jpg

Then Sunday I broke out a few power tools and really went to work! I picked these up on eBay:

IMG_4049resize.jpg

Before:

IMG_4078resize.jpg

After:

IMG_4123resize.jpg

I took lots of pictures and may do an install write-up. It was actually pretty simple. Once the hood insulation was removed it was quite obvious where they were to go.

Straightend out the tips too.

Before:

IMG_4022resize-1.jpg

After:

IMG_4092resize.jpg

Sweet, nice to see your daughter taking care of it. Now as seen from the past, most people take care of their first car for a few months in, but then they let down on it. Lets hope she keeps up with it, that car is too damn nice to let it rot:thumbsup:

How did you straighten out the tips?

The previous owner had just installed a new set of mufflers so all the clamps, mufflers and tips had not secured themselves to each other yet, and were able to be loosened: the mufflers and tips were just moved around until they were correct.

And Mel87: I agree!

Edited by BRZN

should get the hoodvents painted body color!

sharp looking car, should polish up the exhaust tips they look good all clean.

I don't know? I kinda' like the contrasting look of the black on the Aqua hood. There's black on the kidney grilles, the quad light surrounds and at the base of the windshield and cowl that seem to let them blend well. I'll probably have the dent in the hood repaired next spring, so who knows? perhaps I'll have them painted at that time.

Polish the tips? Just the very rear flat surface or the rear flat surface and the lip?

Edited by BRZN

Not 100% sure, but I believe the XP is a newer version of the old 7424. The tool is great for taking care of minor paint imperfections and applying glazes, waxes and sealants. It's also great to get started with due to its clutched head. The thing is next to impossable to hurt your paint unless you drop it on the vehicle!

I'm pretty sure the GP is going to be hit next spring with at least a forced rotation DA random orbital if not a rotary and a wool pad. Paint's pretty good, but needs a lot of attention.

I still need to get an orbital waxer done before the winter rolls around. I will probably clay bar the car and wax it.

BRZN, what brand clay bar do you use?

Edited by Mel87

That looks great! It's cool to see her doing the work. I kind of agree with BRZN, when I was looking at the pics of the louvers the black blended in with the miniquad housings and grilles pretty nicely IMO

I agree, I like the look of the black... Makes them really stand out

I think it would pop more if they got sprayed with clear coat.. Make them shine like the rest of the car does.. :thumbsup: