Wbody Concept cars

AMP

Okay, not W-body, but easily my favourite GM concept!

[video=youtube;3oBg8C6PMYo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oBg8C6PMYo

did i miss where the kitchen sink and bathroom are located?

if theres a garden hose, what about a flower box or a spikout to connect the hose?

reguardless, id rock it. i dont care what anyone says, id move to the beach and live as a beach bum. whos joining me with their stinger?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AMP

• 94 olds vert

• Luminator9c3

• Mater

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i don't know why anyone would waste their money on that chevy version of g8. way to ruin that platform

As of right now, it is not marketed to the public. This means that it is also not designed to please the public. It's meant to be a very basic, plain-looking car that performs extremely well. I think it accomplished that goal. To say that this car ruined the platform is just silly.

GM could take that car and give it a sporty facelift and call it an Impala SS and people would love it. I predict you will see a few more cars built on the platform, all of which will surely look more snazzy than the Caprice. The reason that some people wish to "waste" their money and spend the effort to obtain a Caprice is simply for the nostalgic value of the car. Some people have an extra 30k lying around that they don't mind wasting. I've seen people spend that much money on much stupider things.

90 Fiero GT concept

1990+Fiero+GT+prototype+design.jpg7-26-2008_1-17-34_PM_0064.jpginterior_90.jpg1989_dash.jpg1990engine.jpg

THAT'S RIGHT ...early early early LQ1 in there!!

1990_fiero_trunk.jpg1989_engine.jpg

90 Notchback concept

raregmprotos.png

Edited by GOT2B GM

The Fiero was a cool ass little car, too bad they dropped it like they do everything else. The concept is pretty neat, I like how the rear end dips in, like the tail lights... pretty unique. I would love a Fiero, but I would need a booster seat since im only 5 foot 10. You pretty much sit on the road in those cars.

90 Fiero GT concept

1990+Fiero+GT+prototype+design.jpg7-26-2008_1-17-34_PM_0064.jpginterior_90.jpg1989_dash.jpg1990engine.jpg

THAT'S RIGHT ...early early early LQ1 in there!!

1990_fiero_trunk.jpg1989_engine.jpg

90 Notchback concept

raregmprotos.png

There's a vid on youtube somewhere of that GT Concept running. Sounded tits!!! And, I want to go walk around that back lot/junkyard of a place where the notch is

...when I see/hear "Stinger" the only car that comes to mind is this one ....

http://www.v8archie.com/stinger.htm

.....I have obviously been around Fieros way to long :lol: ....that car was the shit back in the day...

It was still pretty big when I got into Fiero's back in 2002ish... I never was a big fan of the chops in general, but on that one I liked it with the suicide doors...

And IIRC the LQ1 prototype in the 90 concept was 3.2 liters... Not that it really matters, but I like trivia..

Why would anyone WANT a fiero? I had one and it was quite horrible. Terrible on gas, shit brakes, shit heat, shit handling, shit power, basically shit everything. A light breeze could blow it off the road. Hard to work on. Cooling system was a joke. I'm sure there's more.

3.2 engine packed in there looks cool though.

Why would anyone WANT a fiero? I had one and it was quite horrible. Terrible on gas, shit brakes, shit heat, shit handling, shit power, basically shit everything. A light breeze could blow it off the road. Hard to work on. Cooling system was a joke. I'm sure there's more.

3.2 engine packed in there looks cool though.

I think you essentially described almost every GM car! :lol:

Hard to work on.

you're kidding, right???? they are about as basic as you can get...

...I could have picked apart the rest of your post too, but this stood out to me like a sore thumb....

Terrible on gas, shit brakes, shit heat, shit handling, shit power, basically shit everything. A light breeze could blow it off the road. Hard to work on. Cooling system was a joke. I'm sure there's more.

99% of that post can be said about most w-bodies.

Low 20's on the highway in a lightweight 4-cyl car IS terrible. I had the 2.5 auto. The worst combination.

By hard to work on I was referring mostly to the engine bay. Even the 2.5 was put in there at an odd angle, I remember belts being a total pain.

Granted I did have an '85 model, and an early one at that. It was by no means a good car, and it was low miles. 90ish thousand. Not anything any highschooler in Minnesota should have been driving. And yes I drove it in the winter.

Yeah ok, that's where I wasn't seeing eye to eye with you.

I have an 88 GT 5 spd, better motor , better trans, and better suspension.

If I put an LQ1 in mine, I'd have the mechanicals of the 90 concept (minus the power steering setup which was long promised for the Fiero but never made into production)