• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AMP

• 94 olds vert

• Luminator9c3

• Mater

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe they sell them in the middle east and i know that the rwd Luminas (aka holden commodore or pontiac g8) are left hand drive.

Try Australia...

I would love this...

5222980021_medium.jpg

It's hard to see but I couldn't get a big picture.. It's a Lumina SS so essentially the LTZ. BUt I like the wheels a hell of a lot better and the trim molding is different on the doors. (In fact, I think it has none...)

Yup. GM Arabia gets a Lumina with the 6.0l v8.

chevy-lumina-ss-middle-east-2007-2.jpg

I'd love to import one of those to USA.

For anyone who doesn't know, a car very similar to this is now available in America as the 2011 Chevy Caprice. It is actually NOT the same as the G8, though it is similar.

2011_Chevrolet_Caprice_PPV_--_12-06-2010_front.jpg

Also, contrary to popular belief, the car IS available to the public. It's not just for police use. There are Chevy dealerships out there that will sell you a civilianized model. There is a guy on the Impala SS forum that owns one. And yes it has the 6.0 V8 and RWD. And a 6-speed auto, if I remember correctly. With some of the sporty amenities from that Lumina, it would be a pretty slick looking car IMHO.

Edited by Luminator9c3

For anyone who doesn't know, a car very similar to this is now available in America as the 2011 Chevy Caprice. It is actually NOT the same as the G8, though it is similar.

2011_Chevrolet_Caprice_PPV_--_12-06-2010_front.jpg

Also, contrary to popular belief, the car IS available to the public. It's not just for police use. There are Chevy dealerships out there that will sell you a civilianized model. There is a guy on the Impala SS forum that owns one. And yes it has the 6.0 V8 and RWD. And a 6-speed auto, if I remember correctly. With some of the sporty amenities from that Lumina, it would be a pretty slick looking car IMHO.

yeah it is like a stretched version still kinda cool.

yeah it's based off of the statement it is 6" longer. and the loop hole the dealers where using was stopped after the first 30 "civilian" (actually just detective models) where ordered for the general public.

Olds would have some pretty sweet cars if they wouldn't have gotten the boot. The OSV Intrigues, Aleros, and Auroras were awesome, and I believe they were working on supercharging/turbo-ing the 3.5 LX5. I would do anything to get my hands on either a supercharged LX5 or even the parts for one.

yeah it's based off of the statement it is 6" longer. and the loop hole the dealers where using was stopped after the first 30 "civilian" (actually just detective models) where ordered for the general public.

You are right that the specific loophole that GM dealers were originally using has been stopped by GM. However, you can still buy these cars from dealerships. Another guy that I talked to bought one as recently as this week. He said the dealership obtained the car from a GM auction.

Bottom line... if you have the cash in hand and you go to a Chevy dealership... they will get you one. It would be much easier and cheaper than importing a car from Australia for anyone who is actually serious about it.

Bottom line... if you have the cash in hand and you go to a Chevy dealership... they will get you one. It would be much easier and cheaper than importing a car from Australia for anyone who is actually serious about it.

Must not be very many people interested. I didn't even know they were out yet because I haven't seen a single one on the road.

Must not be very many people interested. I didn't even know they were out yet because I haven't seen a single one on the road.

Uh, it's still a limited-production car that is not being advertised at all by GM. The average consumer is not even aware that there is such thing as a 2011 Caprice. Also, they will cost you between $30-32k, and it's a pretty plain looking car for that price tag. Most people would probably rather buy a G8.

Like Mater said, the cars that are being sold to the public still have the 9c3 police package. However, some of them are detective cars that are much more civilian-esque. You probably won't see many of them on the road ever. As I said, they aren't making very many of them. However, GM has said that the next-generation Impala and Cadillac flagship will be RWD and V8. So it will be interesting to see what those cars are like. As a B/D-body lover, this is great news to me.

Edited by Luminator9c3