1998 Monte Carlo Z34 Brace

Demented Monte

Are there strut tower braces that fit the 98 monte carlo Z34 with the 3800 S2 motor???

Any knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated

another question... will 17's off a newer bonneville fit the same car?

Edited by Demented Monte

Like Al mentioned, a Cutlass strut bar will work, and as far as the Bonne wheels, you would have to see what the bolt pattern is and the backspacing. If you know someone with the wheels that you want though, just try to put them on your Monte and see how they work.

I found the wheels at a junkyard in great condition with pretty good tires on them too and was thinking about tryin them out but i believe the back spacing doesn't fit over the brakes.

Anyone have any links to the afore mentioned strut bar?

You need a 5mm spacer I believe to run bonneville wheels on the front of a 98. I ran 3 sets on my 98 LTZ and the fronts will rub the brake calipers badly without the spacers. I used 16 gold crosslaces mostly.

Thanks jimmy.

Although the ones i was looking at were the chrome 17's off of late model bonneville. But if they'll fit i'll definitely be picking them up. I know the bolt pattern is the same just didn't seem like they'd clear. But if that's all i gotta do then that's just awesome.

you could try car-part.com for the cutty vert brace, but i'm not sure if you'll have luck. Try ebay, visit your local yards. Main thing would be to watch forums.

You can also buy these which are more expensive but you don't have to wait, and are a direct fit.

http://www.westshorefabricators.com/WBody/Strut Braces.htm

edit - saying you don't have to wait is a bit misleading. The guy who owns that business is extremely nice, but in several people's experience (including mine) he can be a bit slow on delivery. I had to remind him several times, but i was very satisfied with the product.

I think it was only like 10 bucks. :-) I'm excited as hell. Gonna clean it up and paint it this week and get it on. Also gonna put some alero projector foglights on cause they fit pretty nicely in the front bumper.

Not that i know of (of course the one i gave you the link to though)

You can order the GMPP brace but you'll need some adaptor plates, bribe somebody to make them for you!