Cup Holder

AMP

Ahh yes, I remember those. Better than the one in my Cutlass and miles better than the one in my GP. Sorry to say your probably stuck with

them.

alright looks like i going to look for something and do some mods and see if i can make it work.:lol::lol::lol:

You can put a 97+ Grand Prix center console into a 94-96, according to this guide over on clubgp; http://www.clubgp.com/cgi-asp/mods.asp?modid=49

I wouldn't think it too far fetched to go the opposite and put a 94-96 console in - revnrob has one for sale I was kind of eyeballing - the cupholders are setup differently than my center console but the rest looks the same.

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/52807-Grand-Prix-parts?p=1050572

attachment.php?attachmentid=6528&stc=1&d=1320188631

That console is much narrower. Cupholders are better but it's not worth the work. I think they revised those cupholders at some point. Galen's '03 seemed to have much deeper inset than my '97. Mine are terrible as well.

so would one from a cutlass supreme work i seen a pic and i like the cup holders in it.

Impossible to say for sure - probably never been attempted truth be told. As GP1138 said, the old 94-96 consoles were a bit thinner, so the same could be true of the cutlass. I'd love to know if it works, but if you're not looking for the trouble I'd say your best bet is some aftermarket product like Mel87 posted.

I've been considering just getting rid of my center console all together and making my own floor shifter cover.

thing about the 94-96 console is with the cupholers, the dash gets right in the way once everything is installed. even putting in a 12 ounce can seems to be a puzzle without spilling the drink.

Funny thing with cup holders of any car of any year, they always seem to suck. I remember in older cars when the cupholders were 1/4 inch indentations in the inside of the glove box door.

thing about the 94-96 console is with the cupholers, the dash gets right in the way once everything is installed. even putting in a 12 ounce can seems to be a puzzle without spilling the drink.

Funny thing with cup holders of any car of any year, they always seem to suck. I remember in older cars when the cupholders were 1/4 inch indentations in the inside of the glove box door.

Here's my center console:

attachment.php?attachmentid=4512&d=1305856385

• 1 month later...

My Lumina didn't come with cup holders... even in the arm rest (it.s a bench seat. lol) so I put an after market one on what I'm calling the catalytic converter tunnel... and it's okay, but it still kinda sucks. lol