Will 225/55R16 Tires fit my 1990 Lumina? Have 215/60R16 Now.

90V6RedHotLuminaEuro

Good Day All! I have an opportunity to get a great deal on some snow tires... they are 225/55R16. I have 215/60R16 (factory size) tires on my car now. Will the 225/55R16 Tires fit without rubbing?

Thanks,

John B.

225/60R16 was a stock size as well. they should work. I will point at one contact point I do see on a few cars that you might observe, which is the very inner front of both the front wheel wells... On a few cars I have had to move the inner fender liner forward by 1/2 inch, which required simply undoing one bolt/screw, drilling a new hole, and screwing the bolt/screw back in.

that said... go for the tires.

225/60R16 was a stock size as well. they should work. I will point at one contact point I do see on a few cars that you might observe, which is the very inner front of both the front wheel wells... On a few cars I have had to move the inner fender liner forward by 1/2 inch, which required simply undoing one bolt/screw, drilling a new hole, and screwing the bolt/screw back in.

that said... go for the tires.

Hmm. That might explain why when I went with 235 wide wheels, I ended up grinding that inner fender splash guard to the point where it just cut a hole into it. Now even 245 wide wheels don't rub anything. :biggrin:

Good Day All! I have an opportunity to get a great deal on some snow tires... they are 225/55R16. I have 215/60R16 (factory size) tires on my car now. Will the 225/55R16 Tires fit without rubbing?

Thanks,

John B.

225/55/16 is a smaller diameter tire than the 215/60/16, it's 1/2" smaller diameter to be exact.

IIRC, 225/55/16 is the tire size for the bubble style Taurus SHO. Don't think it comes OE on any other car.

Good Day! I got some wheels today. I found them on Craigslist. I paid $140 for the set. They came with some nice American Racing Aluminum Rims. Their Size is 215/55R16 and they fit nicely. Putting them side to side with my old wheels 215/60R16 I couldn't tell any difference... but they don't rub.

I got a great deal on some nice tires and rims... and saved some bucks on mounting and balancing...

For Reference: http://binghamton.craigslist.org/pts/2650840049.html

Enjoy Your Ride!