What color should I go with?????

Identity_Crisis

Well this winter if I decide to keep the GTP/GXP I am going to start the body work on it.

I just can not decide what color to paint it.

I was thinking; Stay white (Factory)

or

Snakeskin green

http://images.rarespeed.com/pictures/38085130.jpg

08 Corvette Orange

http://images.vetteweb.com/images/vemp_0610_05_z+corvette_birthday_bash+atomic_orange_c6_corvette.jpg

Not sure which one yet

ANy opinions or suggestions?

It's no more work to pay a shop to change a color than it is to pay them to keep it.

Um, yeah, it is.

If you take a car to a shop to have it repainted stock color, they just have to hit the outside. If you do a color change, unless you want to see the old color every time you open doors, the hood, the trunk, etc. they have to blow the WHOLE car apart and repaint EVERYTHING. Engine bay, firewall, trunk area, jambs...you're talking hours on hours of labor, which is where most of your body shop bill goes toward.

Um, yeah, it is.

If you take a car to a shop to have it repainted stock color, they just have to hit the outside. If you do a color change, unless you want to see the old color every time you open doors, the hood, the trunk, etc. they have to blow the WHOLE car apart and repaint EVERYTHING. Engine bay, firewall, trunk area, jambs...you're talking hours on hours of labor, which is where most of your body shop bill goes toward.

More work for shop, yes....obviously..... I am not a fucking moron, but thanks anyway for the detailed breakdown including CAPS LOCK just in case.

As my post states, I was simply referring to the fact that it requires the same amount effort to swipe a debit card (pay the shop) regardless of what color you pick.

I have a complete shop and down draft bake booth at my disposal. I know how much work is involved in doing a complete change and thats OK with me as I will take the time over the winter to do it.

Pull the engine and the complete interior and all trim including all of the cladding and bumper covers. It will be a big job for sure but I want it done right for next summers car shows. I will even put it up on my hoist and spray the under carriage. A full paint and repair job is instore for this car over the winter. All I have to do is nail down the color. I really am thinking of the Titanium from the GTR.