pre 93 3.4L Alternator to 94-96 one

MommyTaz022200

I could be wrong about this, but it seems like the 93 3.4L engine is the same as the one used in the 94-96 (I think 96) Anyway I have seen many 160 amp or more alternators for the 94 on ebay pretty reasonably priced. I can't seem to find any for the 93's tho. Are they different, I mean as far as one from a 94 working in a 93? I have 105 amp now and it didn't seem to like my sterio system much, so it has died.

yes, the 94-97 one is physically larger and would require a new bracket to work

Does someplace sell the braket, or if I get one from a junk yard will the braket just bolt up to my engine?

I'm broke right now, so I bought a 105 from the junk yard. I have seen alot of posts here on them dying fast tho, so this one is just a cheap fix to get me till I have more cash. I was going to get a new one when I rebuilt my engine, but I ran out of money. Now I got to figure out how to get it out in such a tight space. :(

dont cheap fix on the alternator, becuz it is a pita to change. i would prolong its life as much as possible. you will need a new braket, it goes underneath the alt kinda, get one off a MC or whatnot from 94+. you will also need a new upper braket thingy, it bolts the the block then the the alt. basically, everything holding that alt on, get a new one of. the new ones should bolt to your block just fine. i dont know about the big, long bolt tho.