Cassete stuck. again.

gp1991

The first time i got my cassette stuck, i had to rip the radio out to get the casette out. I was afraid to try it again because i was afraid another would get stuck. Today however, i had a Van halen casette that needed to be played and i put it in. Its stuck. When i press eject it starts making a loud clicking noise over and over and it seems like the back of the cassette moves a little. Anyone know how to fix one of these or what the problem is? I still actually listen to cassettes so it would be nice to have the player.

Edited by gp1991
i meant to put cassette in the title

My GP cassette player didn't work when I bought the car. There was one stuck in there and you do have to do some disassemble to take it apart to get at the stuck cassette.

I tried it after I removed the stuck one and put in another cassette. Mine doesn't play or eject the tape. If there is way to fix these I would like to know. I'll just look for another one in the JY. I don't listen to cassette tapes. I just have an adapter that hooks up to my Iphone and that is pretty handy.

A lot of times this happens when it is hot. If it is power eject, take some large toothpicks and have someone keep pressing the eject button while nudging it up at the same time. It is better to do when the player is cool in temp.

if it was 5150 or 0u812 just leave it in as why would you want to listen to anything else lololol

but on a real note alot of times you can use a butter knife and pop it out while hitting eject

On the preview screen it your post is really out of context and it really sounds as if you're trying to kill your girlfriend or wife.

The best part is that it sounds if you tried to beat them to death with your bare hands, came back on the forum "sorry guys that failed, any ideas??" Then someone said "Try a knife" and then your response to that . . .

I had one stuck in AMY for about a week, the thing just eventually came out. You can usually just press AM/FM and at least you can listen to the radio/MP3 transmitter. This is from a '95 radio that I'm speaking of, but yours might be similar, I was fighting with it for the longest time and then just gave up and it eventually just popped out.

lol yeah i can see where your coming from, pretty funny. and when i press am/fm nothing happens.

Does the cassette sink down in the deck when you put it in or just push back. I don't know what kind of players GP have.

does it have to be from a 91, or is there a difference. also i have steering wheel controls so do some radios not have compatability with that and others will? what about delco loc does that lock the radio if i try to put it in my car?

does it have to be from a 91, or is there a difference. also i have steering wheel controls so do some radios not have compatability with that and others will? what about delco loc does that lock the radio if i try to put it in my car?

Not to sure about steering wheel controls, I have never had a car with them.

Rule of thumb (and feel free to correct me someone).

If the radio has a seek up/down button(s) on it, it's usually SWRC compatible, if not no.

This is how it worked in Cutlass Supreme's Grand Prix's should be the same.

If it has CD, it will also be compatible.

Compatible years would be at least 1990-1993, perhaps earlier. Bonneville ones should work as well as they had the same steering wheel radio controls, I'm not sure about year compatibilities though.