Changing the Two-Tone on My Regal

pwmin

Anyone have any pictures of a red/black regal instead of the standard color? I'm thinking about using plasti-dip to do so and also to do my wheels with it (in black). I'm also planning on running to O'Reilly to get a can of black night-shades to do my tails (i saw they have red now, btw). Or maybe someone could photoshop it for me. Thanks.

NO, THIS IS NOT MY CAR i would never put fake portholes on anything. I think it's the newer red, too so it's a bit darker than mine but close enough. The wheels and the other color of the two-tone are the same.

22618320001_large.jpg

Edited by pwmin

I'd leave the wheels alone.

If you want to tint the tails, have a body shop do them. Looks WORLD's better than any VHT job that I have ever seen.

The plasti-dib will be more of a matte/flat than glossy. But, should look alright.

If you want to tint the tails, have a body shop do them. Looks WORLD's better than any VHT job that I have ever seen.

The plasti-dib will be more of a matte/flat than glossy. But, should look alright.

I was thinking about either doing the wheels w/ p-d or polishing the polished part better and just painting the inlays black...doubt I want to take the time to polish that part for winter wheels. I guess i can p-d the wheels and just take it off right away if I don't like it. If I really like the trim black, I'll paint it good sometime. As for the tails, I'm just looking for a couple quick things to make the car look a little different without spending much. I think one thin coat would be fine, but then again I haven't seen many tinted tails in person like you have...maybe none ever. Thanks for the input.

I agree, the polished/black would look pretty cool.

and the part requiring polishing is a flat part. I'd think that would be easier to polish than some other wheel constructions frequently polished. It is a bigger area though. What you have to watch out for is the center caps, are you able to polish them to the same level as everything else you are polishing?

I agree, the polished/black would look pretty cool.

and the part requiring polishing is a flat part. I'd think that would be easier to polish than some other wheel constructions frequently polished. It is a bigger area though. What you have to watch out for is the center caps, are you able to polish them to the same level as everything else you are polishing?

that's the thing...i probably wouldn't. The wheels are already polished, just not high-polished, so it probably wouldn't be too much different. I might be able to polish them, though. Edited by pwmin

Got some stuff done tonight, but need some more bulbs (replacing everything but the low beams as I already replaced them w/ Philips X-treme Powers) and a clay bar (thought I had one). I just put 1 or 2 nuts on the tails so I could take some pix, but they're coming off tomorrow so I can wax underneath them...I wanted to start that tonight, but I had a few beers, so I can't run to the parts store. I always had dirt streaks on the rear bumper after I washed the car...there was a ton of dirt caked on the backside of the tail lights. The center caps are drying, so that's why they're not on.

a preview...

DSC00346.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

DSC00342.jpg

post-738-143689079902_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

decided to remove the p-d since the peeling was getting worse. I wanted to paint it body color, but dupli-color discontinued it, so I looked for something similar. It's a good bit darker and I'm not sure if I like it or not, so I'll have to give it some time. I took some of the rim of one of my wheels to see if I like that look better, also and I am unsure of that, too.

DSC00410.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

DSC00413.jpg

DSC00414.jpg

DSC00415.jpg

DSC00416.jpg

DSC00417.jpg

post-738-143689092089_thumb.jpg

You must not have seen many VHT jobs then lol

Got some stuff done tonight, but need some more bulbs (replacing everything but the low beams as I already replaced them w/ Philips X-treme Powers) and a clay bar (thought I had one). I just put 1 or 2 nuts on the tails so I could take some pix, but they're coming off tomorrow so I can wax underneath them...I wanted to start that tonight, but I had a few beers, so I can't run to the parts store. I always had dirt streaks on the rear bumper after I washed the car...there was a ton of dirt caked on the backside of the tail lights. The center caps are drying, so that's why they're not on.

a preview...

DSC00346.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

DSC00342.jpg

that looks great! good job!