little brown specks on my hooood

Jprice90

i have no idea what the hell they are, kinda hard to see from these pics, but it's the best i could get from my camera, i just washed my car today and noticed them, they wont come offf..i can feel them a little bit when i run my finger over them, anybody know what i could try to use to get them off?

post-6480-143689078556_thumb.jpg

post-6480-143689078569_thumb.jpg

you must have the same problem lol.forgot you have the same color :)

heres what i JUST found: "I do believe what you are talking about is called fallout. Its like acid rain and shows nicely on white cars. I just use a clay bar and it comes out with some rubbing. It gets worse in the winter from all the snow ."

so i'll try that out, thank you

Yeah it's either that or rail dust/dust from people's brakes. We were just talking about this the other day. A clay bar will take it off, takes a little elbow grease from what I've seen. There is supposed to be this spray that'll take it off much easier than clay...but can't find the thread on the other forum. I'll have to ask around!

at first my brother thought it was rust coming through, i told him it wasnt..when i did a long yahoo search, i came acrossed this thread, guy described it as rust color also, im gonna have to try some claybar..thanks guys!

Yeah it's either that or rail dust/dust from people's brakes. We were just talking about this the other day. A clay bar will take it off, takes a little elbow grease from what I've seen. There is supposed to be this spray that'll take it off much easier than clay...but can't find the thread on the other forum. I'll have to ask around!

Yes, it's called Iron X.

Here are some pics of some cars I have detailed using this product. You spray it on, let it dwell for about 5 minutes and wipe it off. You can go the clay bar route, but it may take a while.

This product turns purple when it reacts with the iron

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/ThirdenTa/Detailing/177.jpg048.jpg

Never heard of IronX, but based on the pic above, it sounds like a good choice. Clay bars are of course a solid pick too. If you go the clay route, keep the affected area really wet, to avoid clay marking the paint. :thumbsup:

Yes, it's called Iron X.

Here are some pics of some cars I have detailed using this product. You spray it on, let it dwell for about 5 minutes and wipe it off. You can go the clay bar route, but it may take a while.

This product turns purple when it reacts with the iron

Yes! That's it, welcome to the site man

the clay didnt work, neither did the goo gone i sprayed on a tiny spot at work, i might have to go with IronX, where could i pick it up, Autozone? etc.

I buy mine from www.autogeek.net or you can pick it up on ebay or amazon. It's for professional detailers so it's not available in stores. It's perfectly safe for clearcoats and clearcoated wheels. Just don't get it on chrome. Oh yeah, I will warn you it stinks to high hell. They recommend gloves and a mask

I would not use a buffer. Why remove a layer of clearcoat when you don't have to?

no i didnt try a buffer, but ThirdGen, it says it was safe on paint? and my co-worker from work used it on their car with no problems..i'll just buy Iron X from Amazon, since i've been having issues with Ebay

no i didnt try a buffer, but ThirdGen, it says it was safe on paint? and my co-worker from work used it on their car with no problems..i'll just buy Iron X from Amazon, since i've been having issues with Ebay

Awesome! let us know how it works. Take before and after pics and also pics of the "Bleeding"....

There was actually a contest on one of the detailing forums I was on and whoever had the most purple bleeding won free IRON X. It was funny some of the pics looked like murder scenes with the purple running down the driveway.