trying to find good speakers

Jprice90

anybody have any suggestions? price isnt really a problem, as long as they are clean and can get nice and loud if need be, i was thinking Alpine Type R components? something like the SPR-50C's?

Those Alpine's don't seem bad, but if you want to save some money, these I would suggest. http://www.audiosavings.com/products/5.25-Inch-Car-Speakers/CRUNCH-GRP5.2C-500-WATT-5.25-COMPONENT-CAR-SPEAKERS/GRP5.2C.aspx They are a Maxxsonics brand (HiFonics, MB Quart, etc) and all the speakers from them seem to be built well from what I've seen. They arn't as high rated on wattage though. Are the speakers going to be put on an amp?

Well from what I can find, those Alpines have the highest rated RMS that arn't too pricey. It also comes down to the amp. Let me know what you choose amp wise when you do, and I'll help you look some more then.

I'd stick to the Alpines most likely then, that amp may only be 10 watts rms more, but I've never over powered my Hifonics, so they might not handle it well,or they might not have a problem. So thats your decision. I've never heard of CDT till now. Which set from them are you considering?

damn, maybe i'll look for a different amp, it would suck to fry some good speakers, i HEARD they're pretty good, not alot of people have heard of them, not really that big i guess..and the CL-51A

Sorry, I meant over powering the Crunchs I posted. Those CDT's and the Alpines wouldn't make much of a difference on that amp, just because they will only get about 60 wrms. But for the price I'd go with the CDT's if you've heard of them/trust them, just to give you more room to upgrade the amp later if you wish.

That will only be 25 rms at 4 ohms, which I am assuming those Alpines are. If this is the case, you won't be getting anywhere near the rms of your speakers, just so you know.

I just installed Energy ENC525CV2's in my car (can be converted from coax to separates if you wish). I use them as coax in my convertible. Rated to 100W RMS at 4ohms (recommended min 10W). I am running them on a Boston Acoustics 45W/ch RMS amp and they sound great. The only issues I had were where to mount the crossover unit (I put mine on the inside of the side panels under the speakers) and although they are 5.25" it seems nobody can agree on where the mounting holes go for this size. The Delcos form the car, some Image Dynamics CTX5's and these all mount differently (hole spacings different). I ended up putting the Energys on the included oval mounting adapter, and cutting a bit off one end to clear the window switch. Then they mounted well with two of the holes in the plate (diagonal from each other). It is quite tight now, but I may eventually drill out the other two holes. In the meantime it looks and sounds great.

Just got them up and running (with the Image Dynamics CTX4's still in the front). I also added a Bazooka BT10100 10" 100W sub in the trunk (fits nicely under the roof even when it is down), to fill in the bottom end some more. It has more than enough thump if you want it (I didn't), so I have tuned it all for pretty flat response (for a car) with the roof down. All of this was to make it possible to hear the stereo cleanly driving on the highway with the roof down, and this setup succeeds.

CDTs are good. I had a set awhile ago. They sounded real good for the price. I have all Memphis M-Class speakers in my car. If price isn't a big issue I would highly suggest them. Also I would suggest going with a 6.5" if you can fit them.

Kicker 200.2 then..i dont know why i was thinking their RMS was 50-60 LOL, i'll just go for the CDT's, not that pricey and are good quality..how much work is it to get a 6.5 in there? :think: