wiper units....

godofthunder

OK, this may sound stupid, but how do yalls sit?

For some reason, mine are like almost ON TOP of each other. Then, they are scraping that painted black metal peice they usually rest on. Its tearing up that painted black area, and im sure its tearing up the blades too.

Can someone post some pics, or what not on how they should be sitting? Kind of if I could get and idea of what normal is, I can see if mine are off.

Jon

If they are loose the splines may have slipped.

Pull them off and you cann poition them wherever you want.

The plastic piece under the nut WILL pull off so the you can reposition the plastic tap, I learned that the hard way.

Cut the ignition key when the wiper is at it furthest outside traval, and repoition near the edge of the windshield.

Now...how do I get the damn things off?

I saw in my haynes manual that you have to put something in those little holes. I used a small allen wrench. It didnt do anything, but now allow the arm to go all the way down to the windsheild anymore.

With that in there, I then did what the manual said and hold the botom and wigile back and forth, and up. It wont budge (well, the motor moves a tiny bit).

What am i doing wrong? I know its something REALLY stupid.

I want to take them off so I can paint them tommorow, and then realign the pass. side one so it sits a little higher

jon

An allen wrench works well, this will take the pressure from the springs so that you can wiggle then back and forth. Soaking with WD may needed. Work at it with some light gloves on, will really do hell to your hands. Be carefull not to crack the plasitic piece over the splines on the out shaft. Sometime they will already be cracked from the weather, try to keep it in tact. Once off you can put it wherever it needs to go, may take a couple of tries to poition it correctly.

DO NOT RUN THE WIPER WITH THE ALLEN WRENCH HOLDING WIPERS OFF THE WINDSIELD. Doing so will hook them on the bottom edge of the hood, and could bend the shit out you wiper arm.

What springs?

When I was working it today...it diddnt seem to do anything but go through 2 holes. It didnt seem to movev or hold anything back. I guess i may have to bend even weirder to get a beter view.

Jon

DOnt worry you are not the only one i had that problem with both of my CS and had to repaint that metal piece couple times already. If you want to fix it just repaint it and wait couple months and repaint it again,.

ok here is what you have to do

on the connection to the splines there is a slot that you can fit a flat tip screw driver in do that

now you have pry jently to make it straight so the spring in the arm on the windsheild side has no tension on the splines

if you do that you should be able to slip it right off

oh be sure to tale the black plastic off the spline connection and remove the nut (you problly did this all ready)

good luck

let us know how it turns out!

ok, I still cant get them. This is gettin ga pain in the arse.

first, what the ell are these splines?

What I have done...is i take the little plastic nut cover off. Use a 1/2" and take off that nut. Then, theres a little hole on the side beside where the fluid tube is, stuck a Alen wrench in there. I move it back and forth, up, and all I do is shake the car like im getting it on in teh backseat.

jon

It should pull straight out the way the nut came off. WD, patiance and prying, gently. Jiggle it left, jiggle in right, rock it up, rock it down. Eventually it will come off. It amy have nevver been off before, so rust may be holding it on.