Polishing wheels?

91LuminaEuro

So, the wheels on my monte are looking quite gross. They shine up ok when i wash the car, but they dull up very quickly.

I'm lookin for some good products/methods to polish the wheels up so they shine really nice. What do some of you guys use?

i use mothers mag alluminum polish

00ece3d8.jpg

31a8e03b.jpg

oh btw the center cap decals you made me are holding up great everytime i go to a carshow people want to know where i got them

Edited by jake91

Agreed... Mothers FTW! I use ultra fine steel wool and mothers on the wheels on my stang. Tried the powerball and all, but I just get better results using elbow grease and Mothers/steel wool combo and a lot of cotton rags. :thumbsup:

Since I have alloy wheels, is there a way to make them a mirror like finish like you can do using Mothers on an aluminum wheel?

I tried a small spot on my wheel with the mag and aluminum but it didn't do anything. So is there an alloy polish?

for your wheels to have a mirror like finish, you need to do a lot of sanding. your wheels still have the texture from casting and you need to knock that down to one flat smooth surface. then you can sand with increasingly higher grit sandpaper. Once you get up to like 2000 grit, you might be able to do some compound to get it smoother yet. then you can polish with something like mothers.

what does it take?

LOTS OF TIME

i have 4 quick hours into mine and theyll all get like 10+hrs this winter for a "jizzinyourpantsthatsasickpolishedsetofwheels" type finish

haha thanks for all the input everyone!

I'm hopefully installing my exhaust and brakes this week on one of my two days off (its a miracle i got two off this week) and I plan to detail the monte and give this mother polish a try!