will these heads bolt up?

badprix

Will the heads from a 3100 bolt right up on a 3.1? Or will I have to do some modifications? And what year should I ask for when I order the heads from the parts store? Thanks, guys.

you will need the intake manifolds, fuel rail, exhaust manifolds, power steering pump resevoir, and to modify a few things. Its not a simple swap but it has been done and its well worth it.

the 2000+ 3100s use the same heads as the 3400s from 96+. They have a 1.76" intake valve vs the 1.72" of the 3.1 and earlier 3100s. The intakes are the larger 3400 type after 99 as well for the 3100s. You would need to modify something to fit the EGR on any of the larger intake styles though, as the 94-95 3100s are the only ones to match up to your EGR. There is an adapter plate for using 96-99 3400 plenums though.

Guest Anonymous

I have what you need from a 94 Cutlass. It's for sale. The only part I don't have is the power steering pump as the one off the car was completely shot. PM me if interested. We can work out a price.

heads (have been pressure and vacuum tested, had one valve not seating, FIXED. they have also been resurfaced)

upper intake

lower intake

water neck

exhaust manifolds

crossover

egr valve

throttle body

air box

fuel rail/injectors

injector wiring harness

valve covers

valve cover gaskets