1991 Lumina has a "clunk" in the back end

csrMark

I am getting a loud "CLUNK" on the driver's side at the back on every little bump.

Sound like a rear strut????

If so, any recommendations on what new ones to install back there?

I just replaced like the entire rear suspension on my '00 intrigue due to rust issues on rear trailing arm and lateral links, used salvage parts. put new brake pads on, now I have a clunk sometimes. I noticed the rear sway bar links had a touch of play in them, so I found a deal on rockauto.com for some <$10 and will try that, but also will try upper lower strut bolt tension and all those other bolts I did on my swap. Checked once already but will try again, its not an every bump thing, but enough to drive me crazy. Wonder about the JY bushings, but they looked good. post your results.:thumbsup:

Missing the pad under the end of the fiberglass leaf? That makes a clunk sound on my 91 lumina. Have new pads from Rockauto, didn't put them on yet.

I'll have to check exhaust but i did not remove it, the Intrigue 3.5 has a single exit system and was not in the way. It also does not use the leaf spring uses conventional springs on struts. Thanks for assist. I can bounce on car and its quiet...odd, but will work on it after I fix my POS Honda Odyssey air conditioning clutch.