cloth to leather and power seats or no?

joecutlass

I believe the seats just need power and ground and they should be put through a fuse as well. Might be able to get the wiring diagram from your car and the car you get them from to see where to get the power and ground from and to use the factory fuse location.

Leather seats would bolt in though. Right? How hard is wiring it in?

Leather seats just bolt in and you can do inter-change in the same generation. I have Cutlass Seats in my GP.

If i can get seats from the u pull it next weekend, ill make sure i get the info from that car. My list for the u pull it is getting bigger and bigger. Lol

I put power seats in my car. I took the breaker that was in the fuse panel and used it as a fuse, took power from the battery, and used one of the seat bolts as the ground. Works great! :thumbsup:

I've got a set of charcoal leather cutlass coupes seats for sale, $100 for everything. Located in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

I have added power seats to a few cars. The wiring is a simple harness that plugs right into the fuse box, but is not present in the vehicle if it did not get power seats.

You can rescue a wiring harness from a donor by removing the seats, center console and the carpet. it runs from under the drivers seat into a channel that is on the floor, the ground (black) goes to a 10mm bolt slightly towards the drivers side, and the hot (orange) goes in the channel to the passenger side, then forward and up into the junction block above the passenger's right foot. remove the junction block with a T-30 torx and the connector pops forward, tilts and can be slid out the back.