shaking car at 120km/h

GPdriver1986

I was driving on the highway today and my car started shaking at 120km/h, I was brand new tires, I'm suspecting that they are not balanced properly. What else could be causing this problem?

has tire size been changed? how long since a four wheel alignment, usually good to get an alignment along with new tires too, whether you thing you need it or not, also they could not be balanced properly, go back and demand the check that, they should do it free if they want your business and all know tires ain't cheap.

The previous owner replaced the tires, so i'm not sure if they did an alignment. The tires were replaced and the car was sent to wreckers. I picked it up and fixed it up. The tires have 90% thread , they were purchased at Canadian tire so I'll just have to go get them balanced.

Maybe you lost a weight. That happened to me one day I was driving through some mud and lost a wheel weight. Got on to Deerfoot Trail (freeway) and the car just stared to shake like crazy. Took it to the tire store and they said lost a weight I guess we didn't get it on right. So i got a new on and everything was fine =)