Exhaust tips!

white4d96

Where do/did you get yours, and what do you have?

I know the c6 tips are popular, but I think I wanna do something different with mine. I know for sure I want a double-rolled edge, and I think I want stainless. Some sort of angle cut. Maybe one that's resonated? I can't decide on single or dual though.

I've been looking on eBay for days and seen some I liked, but I wouldn't know for sure until I saw them on a car.

It would be awesome if people were to post a pic of their exhaust and say where they got it from.

I would definitely spring for some nicer stainless steel tips considering where you live. Also, if you go with more than one exhaust tip, I would grab a white lower rear bumper lip from a GP w/ factory duals. They look so much better w/ cutouts IMO instead of just running the tips up under a rear lip without outlets(it looks like your car might have the lip with no outlets cut into it - but I can't tell from looking at your dark signature).

I have these 304SS weld-on dual outlet/rolled edge straight cut tips on my '93 GP, they've been on the car since 2002. http://www.jcwhitney.com/stainless-steel-exhaust-tips/p2006292.jcwx?skuId=185201&filterid=j1 They're a bit on the "big" side with the 3.5'' outlets, but don't look bad. They clean up really easily with just soap and water, then I hit them with some metal polish occasionally.

Pictures of them on the car can be seen here: http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/mfewtrail/1993%20Grand%20Prix%20SE/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ24

If you want dual outlet slash cut tips, I would go with something like these, but find them somewhere other than ebay that possibly offers free shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STAINLESS-DUAL-SLANTED-ROLL-OUTLETS-EXHAUST-TIP-2-25-ID-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5ad106fbc1QQitemZ390053952449QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

To be honest, the C6 tips are hard to beat in terms of looks and quality for the price that you can score them for. "fparts" on ebay used to list sets for $59, but would take around $40-45 for them.

By the way, I'm moving this to the appearance section.:thumbsup:

Also try looking on Amazon. I've seen tons of unique car parts there from the small "store" sellers.

My tips are looking pretty ragged. I should try cleaning/polishing first before replacing them.

Keep in mind that the tips under the 1st gen cars (no B4U) do not exit straight out of the muffler. The muffler is mounted higher under the chassis than the tip is. The tips have a dogleg in them to curve down to get under the valance. When I redid my exhaust I used a pair of aftermarket stainless tips but I cut off the inlets and welded on a pair of curved inlets so i could line them up from out of the muffler and down under the valance. I just made use of a pair of oval Ractives.

Pontiacexhaust002Large.jpg

GrandPrix012.jpg

Edited by 55trucker

Keep in mind that the tips under the 1st gen cars (no B4U) do not exit straight out of the muffler. The muffler is mounted higher under the chassis than the tip is. The tips have a dogleg in them to curve down to get under the valance. When I redid my exhaust I used a pair of aftermarket stainless tips but I cut off the inlets and welded on a pair of curved inlets so i could line them up from out of the muffler and down under the valance. I just made use of a pair of oval Ractives.

Good point there. :thumbsup: I tend to forget that since my mufflers have been MIA since 2002.

I do plan on getting a dual exhaust lip when I find one that's not destroyed at the JY.

Matt I really like those tips on your car. That's exactly what I was imagining they looked like.

I'm not running stock mufflers either :lol: I actually gotta take it in somewhere about getting the muffler I have tucked up a little better, probably not until I have the tip(s), lip and (possibly?) dual exhaust.

Can't go wrong with the c6's. My only gripe is everyone seems to have or want them, and while I really really like them, I also want to be different...:think:

random-t-11_01_10-500-11.jpgHere'e some "different" ones...pretty sure this is NOT what you're looking for... :)
Can't go wrong with the c6's. My only gripe is everyone seems to have or want them, and while I really really like them, I also want to be different...:think:

I would worry about being different in your local town. Don't worry about what people on the internet do.

• 2 weeks later...
random-t-11_01_10-500-11.jpgHere'e some "different" ones...pretty sure this is NOT what you're looking for... :)

this reminds me.... :extrapuke: i have a pic of some car in japan with a double heart tip (ill start digging through all my thousands of pics lol). im sure hellokitty knows them

***EDIT***

i found it :( i forgot it was on a 240.

08feb09_065822_img_heart-exhaust.jpg

Edited by iroc2