• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Psych0matt

• urbex

• Twenty

• 94 olds vert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Black/Charcoal wheels look bad to me nearly all the time, these aren't much different. sorry mang.

No worries, it's not your car :thumbsup: I'm excited about how nice it turned out more than anything

I like that colour combo. :thumbsup:

Thanks! I think it'll look good when I get all of them done and I can hopfully get them to shine a bit, though I like the satin look I think. Also, some clear sidemarkers and such I think will set it off and tie it all together, I'm actually thinking about doing a pinstripe of sorts around the lip, maybe a white/silver :thinking: I dunno how that would look though.

hmmmm, I think glossy would look a lot better

Me too. Although I don't think the wheels fit the lines of the car well IMO. BUT, just me haha

cleaned up the other 3 wheels, two with filler, the 3rd doesn't need any. Tomorrow probably going to sand them down to get ready for paint, and hopefully getting them done by the end of the weekend

Im gonna do something with the sidemarkers/tails. I actually bought some window tint on clearance today to experiment with. I really wanna do the sidemarkers clear though, as opposed to making everything black. I think I may do a pinstripe on the lip of the wheels or something, I dunno, keeping my mind open to ideas

Im gonna do something with the sidemarkers/tails. I actually bought some window tint on clearance today to experiment with. I really wanna do the sidemarkers clear though, as opposed to making everything black. I think I may do a pinstripe on the lip of the wheels or something, I dunno, keeping my mind open to ideas

Yeah, too much black isn't good either. I think clears might look sweet!

Go for a time attack stripe (Outer wheel lip), that'd look really good in my opinion.

That's what I'm thinking, i just gotta figure out what color. Bright silver I'm thinking, reflective. With silver calipers, cleared sidemarkers

I thought you were bashing how they look, saying I couldve just used the stuff that you dip tools in for grip

:lol: ....i didn't even read to the first few pages to see you had painted them already :) ....I was seriously suggesting platidip instead of wheel paint, there are a lot of guys using it lately and everyone that I have seen use it has had great results....

Ahh, didn't know that was an option :dunno: either way these needed help. They weren't bent or anything, but all had pretty extensive lip rash. The one had scrapes on each spoke, the outer most section.

A) Other 3 are sanded smooth and ready for primer, I'll hopefully do that in a few hours, gonna let them dry from hosing them off

B) Had an idea, let me see if I can explain. Since I don't have a big lip to polish, or enough to color another way, I was thinking of doing this: At the base of each spoke, a line of color (say, red for example). When the wheel is spinning it will look like a red stripe. Just thought of it when cleaning them up, seems like it could look cool, and I'm sure I can find a way to experiment without too much effort