VATS issues! (Resolution on PG3!!)

tornado_735

That pesky security light won't be bothering me anymore! Sure as shit, I pulled the plug, it went into fail enable, and I pulled the damn bulb.

Absolute worst comes to worst, and it doesn't start after killing the battery or something, I can always plug it back in and try my luck.

UPGRADE TO 97 only AIRBAG AND STEERING WHEEL... PROFIT!!!!

(Should I ask Ken this question)

What was special about the 97 steering wheels? :lol:

(Should I ask Ken this question)

What was special about the 97 steering wheels? :lol:

BUY ONE FROM ME AND FIND OUT.

Only the 97 airbag works with the 94-96 airbag system, 98-00(?) uses different plug. airbag looks much better. i keep forgetting to grab matching steering wheels for my collection of airbags(they are different than 94-96). I will be bringing complete units to the Dayton meet.

see:

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3201/1441/33000720009_large.jpg

Thanks to great information from Ken and Saar, I went ahead and went the easiest and cheapest route, and permanently put the thing into 'Fail-Enable'. The only drawback to this is having the security light on all the time. I had the entire dash apart anyway, and needed to pull the cluster out to replace some burnt out illumination bulbs, so I pulled the lightbulb for the security light. Out of sight, out of mind.

1) Disconnect the VATS (orange) wire from the wiring harness with the engine running.

2) Wait until the security light comes on solid.

3) Leave it unplugged, and you're home free!

4) Pull the cluster out and remove the bulb for the security light if you want to.