New body panels

white4d96

I'm thinking about ordering a new hood to put Nate's louvers on. My OEM hood has tons of little dents, has separated from the webbing and is rusting in one corner, so I don't think it's worth saving. Has anyone ever bought a new hood online, where did you get it, and were you happy with it? I was thinking about getting one on EBay but don't want to get something that's going to fit like crap.

It wasn't a hood, but I bought a new door. It came from a company called VPI (Vintage Parts I...something :lol:). A local body shop/dealership should have their contact info.

I haven't bought one online though, but that's an alternative if you don't find anything.

i know there were some new fiberglass ones rolling around for a while, but they were wavy as hell and took forever to correct.... so i'd avoid those if possible!

VPI is the company that gets a lot of left over NOS from GM.

Here is my experience with aftermarket body panels.....they suck. The parts come from Asia and often have superficial dents and are also lighter and probably crappy steel.

You could try this site: http://shermanparts.com/ecat/base/index.php I bought a hood through them and Jay did also.