why don't I have power windows?

GPdriver1986

I have a 1991 GP LE and I just did a car fax report and it says that I should have power windows as standard equipment. Its only thing that I don't have on the list. By the way I don't have power locks. I was wondering where the hell my power windows are? GM better give them to me!

I'm wondering if it would be hard to install power locks and power windows?

4dr or 2? ive seen 2 door LEs with crank windows. theres a junked one parked across the street from me at a gas station. i also owned a white 4dr 91 LE as my first car. complete base model and it had power windows

Well, don't feel bad! According to CARFAX, my 2000 Grand Am GT is supposed to have a "3.4 DOHC 24V V-6" in the engine bay! LOL, those damn bastards at GM only put in a 3400 SFI! That's o.k. though, I'll keep my SFI over the LQ1 anyday!

Aaron

Dont worry about it and be happy when you start having problems with electric windows you be happy that you have manual windows. I just had regulator changed in my Mustang for the second time and car has 18k miles on it and they are good when they work but when they dont you cant even open or close the window.

You were not ment to have power windows in your lifetime. :lol:

k this has nothing to do with the post, but i saw your sig and it says you have an 81 corvette? got any pics? details? i have an 88 'vette, but my digicam is still MIA and i cant get any pics of it :( but it has the targa top and its red, i know the 81's were the famous swoopy body style (68-82)

That's ok... according to my insurance company and autotrader.com, Lumina's are supposed to come with automatic seatbelts. I get the discount and I've yet to ever even see a Lumina with auto-seatbelts, can't say that i mind :lol:

In a way there are an automatic seatbelt. Your insurance company is right. Since your belts are posted on the door, and you leave the belt buckled at all times, when you open your door, you just slide in...shut the door and your buckled. I think that's what it is.

Aaron

you win the prize aaron thats what the owner manual says the auto matic seat belts are like on my cs but can you really get a insurance discount for having automatic seat belts if you can then i should have a little taken off my car insurance since it is high because 2 people ran into my suburban don't know why it raise my insurance too :evil: dumb basterds

In a way there are an automatic seatbelt. Your insurance company is right. Since your belts are posted on the door, and you leave the belt buckled at all times, when you open your door, you just slide in...shut the door and your buckled. I think that's what it is.

Aaron

Yes its like that they are called passive automatic the owners manual says so.

also about the power window thing?

My Friend has a 92 Lumina with power locks but not power windows....

but then again he gets 40MPG with the car so he doesnt care....lumina 3.1L with a interseptor tranny....it also Accelorates alot better then any other NA 3.1 I have been in with the exception on my 91 Olds Cutlass that was an old cop car....never was used as a cop car but when it came in it was the wrong color blue so they just shoved some Hub caps on it and sold it to my Grand father who gave it to my mother and then gave it to me....then I gave it to my sister...and it is now in a J/Y with 379,XXX miles on it.....okay nevermind im rambling on and on.... :oops: