Ebrake handle into a 1G?

white4d96

I'm well aware of the parking brake pedal, I just like having a handle better. Personal preference I suppose.

I am planning on switching to second gen rear brakes when I go CO hopefully this summer, so I am expecting to have to get new mostly everything. If it's possible I would do it then.

Car is column shift. I was considering a floor conversion but if this 282 CSi is still at my local junkyard when I get paid that's going out the window I think. The console in there is from a G1.5 Lumina.

its harder to rip the ebreak and do mad drifts with it on the floor DUHHH!!!! lol

lmao i could actually drift better in the cutty with the foot brake than i can in the ga with the hand brake lolol

I actually like the foot pedal parking brake.. My white car is a stick so i use that brake to park. I like having the parking brake on the floor so i have room for a hydraulic non locking handbrake in the console for racing :)

Yes, cause we have mad drift cars yo:thumbsup::lol:

But I do like the idea of a console mounted ebrake lever. Then again, every damn time I get my big ass outta my cars, my shoe or pants gets caught on the floor mounted one. Ive tore two pairs of pants and broke a set of shoe strings.:mad:

I hit my shoe on the pedal getting out all the time too, pisses me off. And my legs are long enough to make it real awkward to use it, especially every time like I do.

I'd be fine with the floor pedal if it had been designed properly instead of being "Pump To Set".

What moron decided that a park brake should take two or three pumps to set?

IIRC it's a bolt-on job, but IDK if you can just use the pedal and cables, or if you need to swap the calipers too. I know the later calipers are tons better than the earlier ones that liked to lock up frequently.

Yes, cause we have mad drift cars yo:thumbsup::lol:

But I do like the idea of a console mounted ebrake lever. Then again, every damn time I get my big ass outta my cars, my shoe or pants gets caught on the floor mounted one. Ive tore two pairs of pants and broke a set of shoe strings.:mad:

Hey man in autox my car slides evenly. Tight turns are near impossible without the rear locker.

I'd be fine with the floor pedal if it had been designed properly instead of being "Pump To Set".

What moron decided that a park brake should take two or three pumps to set?

The 94-6 pedals don't require pumping to set them. One pump sets the brake, the next one unlocks it.

Any chance that's an easy retrofit into the '93 and earlier Ws?

IIRC it's a bolt-on job, but IDK if you can just use the pedal and cables, or if you need to swap the calipers too. I know the later calipers are tons better than the earlier ones that liked to lock up frequently.

oh yeah i hate the pump to set.

http://www.w-body.com/content.php/213

There's a note at the bottom, but the web page it links to is not available. Bummer. "just not possible" is very discouraging.

Some people have suggested the possibility of replacing the 1988-93 style (pump-to-set) park brake lever with that from a 1994-up (press once to set, press again to release) style park brake lever. Unfortunately, this is just not possible.

Uhhhhhh I was under the impression that it was indeed 100% possible, and bolt-on? You just have to swap cables and calipers and all.......... Or so I was told?

Chris?!?!!!??!

from what i found when i started the swap, the way the bracket mounts is totally different between the 2 styles. the 2 main mounting tabs can be bent on the 94+ and made to line up. however, there is a 3rd mounting point on the top of the bracket that doesn't line up with anything on the older cars. and it's way up in the dash, so its like impossible to get something up in there to make a hole or something for a bolt