Shaking on moderate-heavy acceleration

Night Fury

On my 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix.

Has had a 4-wheel alignment.

Has had two sets of tire/wheel combos.

Has had both the lower mounts replaced with solid rubber examples.

I can't think of what else it would be...? Axles? That's like the only other thing I can think of.

they wear out lol. losing grease can cause it to go out early axles dont cost much. i had a set of ZZP ones i would have sold cheap but just sold em on GPF a few weeks ago

Yeah I priced them on rockauto, only about $45 each. I'll just do them both after I get my festiva and I find out how. Thanks for the help, I've never had an axle go bad except in the 6000 and I just packed crisco in it and went on my way LOL

pretty simple. i have a step by step pictures somewhere.... well i might i never made the wright up but i had the intintions

1. jack up car and Take wheel off 5 19mm Lugs

2. Unbolt the strut and remove (you dont have to do this) top are 15mm the bottom are like 21mm or 22mm I do it for the ease of things.

3. take nut off (35 mm)

4. wiggle old one out put new one in.. (I might or Might not have took the outer tie rod off)

I can go more in depth if you need. this is a 5min thing while sitting at work acting like im busy typing away. the boss thinks im doing something when really im chatin it up.... good thing i have quick books open just in case he heads this way. :lol:

I don't think it's a misfire, feels front-end related. Like I have a bent rim or something that goes away when I'm not railing on it. :lol:

Guess we'll see though! I know at least one of my boots has tore and all the shit is out of it.

Hmmmm trans shudder.......... could be that as well..................................

No access to anything other than my wal-mart scan tool, although I'm willing to purchase

I would personally just pay for a good well known dealership to take a look at it or else you are wasting you time. Without the proper tools its going to be hard to find your issue if its not something obvious.

since you said a boot is tore. i keep my money on what i said first. trans shutter normaly happens at heavy load in to high of a gear. what i get by what your saying is its shifting down and still boogieing just shaking also.

oh the axle boot is gone I must have missed that part. yeah thats gotta be it. but if it was computer related being a tech I would personally have a manufacturer trained tech work on the car just because of the certain equipment needed and warrenty of the repair