Help please, extra long wheel studs needed?

Guest k6tc

I have been looking for a replacment wheel stud for the front wheels of my Cutlass Supreme coupe.

With the extra deep "Star" mag wheels a spacer is necessary to have the wheel not touch the disk caliper...I always torque the wheels when ever they are rotated but I would like a lot more threads inside of the nuts, longer studs would give me that. NOW! if there is such available might someone know where I might find them?

Thanks guys,

Tom (K6TC)

The Doorman number I used is 610-323 you can get them at Carquest Auto Parts, thats where I work and did the research. The size is 12mm-1.5X54mm. These are about 1/2 inch longer than stock and I used a 7/16 wheel spacer so I actually have a little more thread than the stock setup. They hold great and I havent had a problem. My 3-Star rims look great and I'm happy!

here ya go heres the part # for 1/2 inch longer studs

here ya go heres the part # for 1/2 inch longer studs

***THank you very much...this has been an ongoing worry for a long long time...I'll order them in tomorrow morning

Tom (K6TC)

your welcome

glad to help

***I wanted to give you a follow up on the part number you gave me. I picked up the studs yesterday and am ready to install them today or tomorrow. Funny Carquest, when I called for the studs, laughed and told me he had had quite number recently of guy's coming in for the studs saying they had seen the advise online "Somewhere"? and he has exactly 10 left in stock...lol I have them here in the computer shack and something came to mind. Did you install yours yourself? and if you did did you need a special tool to get it done or what? A long time ago in the Drag racing days we would change out the studs for longer grade 8 bolts to give the rear end of the 1/4 miler more strength, if you've ever had a couple shear off when your launching you'd never forget the sound of the broken stud/nuts as they made their exit on the line. anyway how did you go about doing the front wheels of your Cutlass??

and many thanks again for the advise,

Tom (K6TC)