jb weld

musthavemuzk

here is my thread about my coolant leak

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7791

still not fixed yet.

extremely nice day today with temps in the uper 60s and full of sun.

so i go out there and dig in again. would rather do this cool calm and collected rather than pissy.

so i get as much as i possibly can out of there. not alot of room to work.

now it seems that this leak was fixed previously. with jb weld possibly being used to fix it. not sure as i have never used the stuff. but the broken piece of pot metal should have been pretty easy to remove. i was able to chip pieces away from the outside and removing the stat i was able to get more from the inside..

but there is still alot left in there.

so if i cannot remove the last bit and or it is jb weld in there. is there anything i can do to get it out?

i am thinkin the only option is to continue removing pieces til i remove the head and then take it to a machine shop.

any more help?

thanx in advance

Monty

If you cant continue to chip it out, then just take the lower intake off. Its not part of the head, its part of the lower intake. If I were you, I would just continue to pick at it. Eventually it will give way and come out

that is good to hear. that it is not part of the head.

as i have limited tools so it would have really sucked to have to tear down to the head.

so does jb weld get as solid as metal? and bond tight with metal?

just in case that is worse case.

if i do have to take upper and lower intake off. is there anything i will need to know?

i would have to replace gaskets of course.

anything else

i thank you Robby for your guidance with this.

Monty

JB weld doesnt hold as tight as metal does, it can be broken. As far as taking the lower intake off............you have to take the P/S pump loose to get to one of the lower intake bolts, label all your sensors when you unplug them, rotating the motor helps a lot, yes you have to replace gaskets when you do it. A lower intake gasket set (upper included) usually runs around $35. You have to remove BOTH valve covers to remove the lower intake, so you would need new valve cover gaskets. Dont use the old ones, they are stretched and wont fit right once they have been taken out. If you need anything else, lemme know or hit me up on MSN or AIM

we rotated the motor forward on thursday it helped alot.

and since i have that done i figure i may as well do the plugs i bought.

good thing i asked

as i did not know all that had to be done.

thanx again and if i do need somethin i will holla

Monty