11mpg!!!!!!!!!

topless94style

Fucking cold weather. Thats what i just got on my last tank and i have been babying the car. WTF is wrong? just had to vent as my mpg gets worse and worse as it gets colder.

Fucking cold weather. Thats what i just got on my last tank and i have been babying the car. WTF is wrong? just had to vent as my mpg gets worse and worse as it gets colder.

Tune-ups? Different gas shop? Different octane? Are you taking short trips?

Because not letting the ECM run a "Closed Loop" will lower you econ.

Wait... doesn't MN still run ethanol in the gas?

- Erik

yea they might still run ethonal i dont know. i know i should get a tune up. i drive 6 miles to school then from school then 6 miles to work then back...school is during rush hr. i also make trips to my gfs house that is about 12 miles. thats waht most of my driving is. i dont see how rush hr coudl be a cause though since ive been dealing with it since the summer and got better mpg then too.

When I had my Lumina, I could expect 16mpg in town during the harsh nebraska winters. That was a good day.

During the 100+ degree summers I could take trips and get nearly 35mpg at 80mph with the AC blasting.

Check the IAT sensor if your car has it.

As the weather gets colder, the air gets denser, causing a higher oxygen content. The car will add more fuel to compensate, and it sounds like you do a lot of in town short driving, which will dramatically effect your mpg. I used to get 13 mpg during the winter on intown trips in the 89 GP SE.

topless, your gonna drive that convertible in the winter are you?

Not sure what your saying here but:

I dont want to drive it in the winter since it has never seen one or atleast a MN winter. But, i cant afford another car to drive and no buses go from here to my college or to my work so. The other issue is storage for it which i dont have. If i can get the position at work ive been asking for which is $14/hr 40hrs a week i will be able to afford another car and storage but until then, its convert for the winter. :evil: