Muffler/Resonator Recommendations Needed - '95 Cutlass Convertible - 3.4L

djrobnyc

I have a '95 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme convertible, with the 3.4L engine. The mufflers look pretty new but they are super loud, so I'd like to explore replacing them. The resonator looks original as well, so I'd like to replace that too.

Can anyone recommend a good quality muffler brand/model, as well as a resonator? I'm not looking for a "performance" mufflers - something OEM and that will keep the car sounding like it did when it was new (quiet would be preferred to "noise"). Definitely do not want the cheapest, but don't want to spend more than $150-$200 each, max.

I've seen some direct fit applications - like AP for example. Are these any good? There are a few NOS GM mufflers I've found online, but they are being sold for a VERY high price. All info is appreciated.

Note: I've brought the car into a couple of muffler shops and they told me the pipes look good; it's the mufflers that look like they are the wrong ones and/or cheapies... Thanks!