Grand Prix GXP Tires

ZeeQuick

My parents just picked up a used 2007 Grand Prix GXP that needs tires. Was looking at the Yokohamas, seem like a decent tire at a good price. Anybody have any experience with these, or can recommend a similar tire? Car will be driven in snow this winter btw. Thanks!

dont know about the yoko's but i got eagle gt's and they seem to do good in the summer and there quite good in moderate snow too. that and there fairly well priced.

My parents just picked up a used 2007 Grand Prix GXP that needs tires. Was looking at the Yokohamas, seem like a decent tire at a good price. Anybody have any experience with these, or can recommend a similar tire? Car will be driven in snow this winter btw. Thanks!

which Yokahama tire are you looking at? I am running BF Goodrich G-force T/A KDWs on my GXP and I love them....but they definitely aren't winter tires...If I were going to go with an all season tire to drive it in the winter I would have gone with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires

Were not talking az winter jake.. we get snow in these parts LOL

I think that Jake used to live somewhere with a "real winter" and actual snow.

dont know about the yoko's but i got eagle gt's and they seem to do good in the summer and there quite good in moderate snow too. that and there fairly well priced.

I'll 2nd that.

Check out Bridgestone g019 tires. had them on my 94 cutlass coupe and never had a problem in the snow. They replaced the bridgestone g009 line. Which I had on my 01 Intrigue and also never had a problem in the snow. I think they handle better wet than dry also.

I would recommend the Grid G019's as well, just make sure the car has a proper alignment as well!, otherwise they will cup like a mofo.

The RE960AS PP would be a better bet however, but the cost is more as they are an upper end tire.

I would recommend the Grid G019's as well, just make sure the car has a proper alignment as well!, otherwise they will cup like a mofo.

I second the recommendation on the G019s. Had a set on my old I35 and they stuck like glue in most conditions.

• 1 year later...

You can never go wrong with Michelins. The couple times I have switch to some other kind of tire I have regretted it. Now I stick with them and have always been pleased with there winter and summer performance.

Don't get the G019's. Or any potenza. I have way too much trouble with those tires cupping and not wearing properly even on brand new cars with perfect alignment specs.

The BFG KDW's are good tires though, and any Michelin will be good but $$. Yoko's are a toss-up, I've seen it go both ways with those. Sometimes I get a great set sometimes they don't wear worth a shit.

Don't get the G019's. Or any potenza. I have way too much trouble with those tires cupping and not wearing properly even on brand new cars with perfect alignment specs.

The BFG KDW's are good tires though, and any Michelin will be good but $$. Yoko's are a toss-up, I've seen it go both ways with those. Sometimes I get a great set sometimes they don't wear worth a shit.

This thread is from 2010 so I would assume that he has made a decision/purchase by now.....

I second the recommendation on the G019s. Had a set on my old I35 and they stuck like glue in most conditions.

Third here.

I also use them on my 95 Regal and they grip and wear very well. Very pleased with these tires.