Tips on how to change a PCV Valve, and a Fuel Filter?

Maverick

Just as the topic is, any tips on how to pull the ol' switchero on a fuel filter, and a PCV Valve? 92 Lumina Z34 be the model.......

PCV is easy, remove, clean or replace completely.

As for the fuel filter, de-pressurize fuel tank / fuel rail, unbolt filter and re-install new one.

It's not hard at all, but you just don't want to strip the fuel lines... bad news.

- Erik

mayb he is wanting to know where the PCV valve is?

the fuel filter is pretty simple. just do not get in a rush to do it.

you have a chance to break something or strip something or get fuel in your eyes.

when i did mine i ran my backwards on ramps. it was right in front of the gas tank under the car.

removed gas cap

wrapped rag around connections and used the proper size wrench for each side of the connection.

one it was broke free i slowly finished the process. to allow the pressure and fuel to escape without spray or injury.

then repeat other side or filter

took about 20 minutes i think.

i was afraid of being unable to break it loose. as i was unable to on my last car. so it never got changed. that was an 89 skylark with the 3300. hated that thing.

Monty

I got the PCV valve done, that was easy, I just had no idea where it was :oops:

Ill attempt to do the fuel filter at a later date when I got more time when the suns out. Do I have to do anything special to release the pressure? Such as buying hoses and such? Or is it like opening a shooken up soda, where as soon as it starts to "fiz" you tighten it up again?

no just take the gas cap off you will hear the shooosh then you should be good to go i also want to suggest you put the cap back on so there is not more fuel comming out (im not sure about that anyone know if it works?) from the line to the tank

i would suggest a flair nut or line wrench both same are the same thing

good luck

i stripped mine in a rush to do it and the mechainc at my work tried to tell me to use a propane torch for a few seconds to get it off :shock: :shock: :shock: , i said sure i can take all my aftermarket shit off the car and sign the paper to let you guys do the fuel filter for $50 and then i'm gonna turn out the door and run as fast as i can, then try the torch. The fucked thing was he was SERIOUS, he said he still wanted to try it, till i got the kit to fix my fuck up. later all. the moral is take your time with the f/f