front speaker size?

coopdaval

i have an 89 cutlass supreme and im wondering what size the front speakers are so i can replace some that can handle more power, also, would it be possible to pit speakers in the doors too? with some minor modification of course

i have a 92 lumina, and got 4X6

as far as i know, GM loved/loves the odd sizes, which is 4x6 in front. rears might be different. who knows, might be different, but from what i heard was they are all pretty much the same

john

Before I start, my car was a gp so things might differ a bit. I took the entire sound system out of a Bonneville SSEi, had 4 tweaters, the dash speakers, and the 4 6x9's plus the head unit! Sounds really nice now and yes you can put speakers in the door.... If you want a factory look get the door panels off of an SE GP with the premium sound system, they have speaker pods under the door pull on the inside(I imagine a fully trimmed supreme would have a similar setup). Also - in the rear decklid between our two factory speakers in GP's theres a little detent, really slick spot for a 3'rd 6x9 in the back, dunno if the cutty's have those either. Even if your doing a aftermarket sound setup grab the rear speaker grilles for a SSEi bonneville, they have a slick setup that angles the tweaters up outta the same pod as the 6x9's....... blah, brain fart

ok, I got a 88 cutlass, and I'm pretty sure they are just 4 inch round speakers. Now I do believe Redfox340, or maybe it was lukez34, somone that used to have a red convertable CS, was able to make 4x6 fit. Also for the doors, I think you can make a custom fit 6.5. I was told there are cut outs already there, not sure tho. Anyways good luck with the upgrades....Also if you do the 4's in the dash you need to remove the whole dash. Just ask if you don't know how to take that out! Good luck!

in my regal i had 4" speakers in the dash a 4x6 in the doors n 6x9 in the rear that i replaced but there is another speaker in my door i dunno what it is maybe someone can help me? i wanna replace that 2

ill take the dash off tomorrow and take a look, i imagine youll have to take quite a few screws out to get it off

yeah the trim around the cluster, has 5 philips screw, once you get that out, you have 8(i think) screws. I think 7 mm. 1 to the left of the sterring wheel, 2 under your radio, 1 to the direct right of that, 2 in the glove box, and 2 in the heater vent(pain in the ass) then you just pull and it comes right out. I'm pretty sure thats all the screws. Good luck!

how do i get the ones in the heater vent? i think i have all of them from the front because i can lift it up and move it up and down but there is still some holding it in place, its like a loose tooth! :? i need help asap on how to get the screws out of the heater vent, which heater vent are you talking about? the defroster on the windshield? thanks!

how do i get the ones in the heater vent? i think i have all of them from the front because i can lift it up and move it up and down but there is still some holding it in place, its like a loose tooth! :? i need help asap on how to get the screws out of the heater vent, which heater vent are you talking about? the defroster on the windshield? thanks!

oh yah the windshield defroster. You need to remove the pieces of plastic that are in there, so you can get your socket in there. It's a pain in the ass. Well atleast for me it was. but they are IN THE WINDSHIELD DEFROSTER VENT!!